Axi Sash Cramps - any views?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LocalOak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I need some proper sash cramps, my current improvisations are no longer enough. Have borrowed some record ones and they are great, but as always the price is a bit scary. Axi have these on offer at the moment, has anyone got any experience with them?

Thanks

Toby

I'm after my first few sash clamps and I'm very tempted by the price for half a dozen Dakota at Rutland. 'add to basket' calls me...

Check cheaper cramps before use. The pin that secures the moving head to the screw is often in the wrong place. Drive it out with a pin punch and check that it sits in the groove in the screw, when under pressure. If not put washer(s) under the head to shim it into place. Ignore this and after a few uses the screw will part company with the moving head. Applies to Dakota "records", Ax, and Silverline expert types.

I was quite suprised yesterday when Rutlands and Parcelfarce sent me emails confirming delivery of a package. I hadn't ordered anything.

Mystery solved this morning with the arrival of half a dozen sash clamps. Ordered on 18th Nov 2009 but not in stock back then. £65.90 including postage. They're certainly nice and heavy, if that's a good judge of quality. Which perhaps it isn't.

Back