• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Axcaliber Mitre Trimmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Sefton

Wood Workers Workshop
UKW Supporter
UKW Sponsor
Reaction score
Threshing Barn, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcs WR8 0SN
Mitre trimmer mounted on beech platform for safety, in very good condition and very sharp. Can be fine adjusted for angles between 45 and 90 degrees on both left and right hand sides. Excellent for picture framing, drawer making and any end grain trimming.
IMG_4614.jpeg
IMG_4615.jpeg
IMG_4616.jpeg
IMG_4617.jpeg
IMG_4618.jpeg
IMG_4619.jpeg
IMG_4620.jpeg
IMG_4621.jpeg

£130 collected or delivery can be arranged at extra cost.

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter, how accurate is it this when using different type of timbers and long term? Do you need to readjust it every time you want to trim different woods or is a set and forget situation?

Hi Peter, how accurate is it this when using different type of timbers and long term? Do you need to readjust it every time you want to trim different woods or is a set and forget situation?
I have two of these - one an older colour White Axminster and another unbranded one, but they are exactly the same.

I can confidently say they are one of the most satisfying tools to use that I have. The heavy and very sharp blades will slice off the tiniest sliver from a piece of moulding leaving a glass smooth finish.

Accuracy-wise - the 45 and 90 degree stops can be micro-adjusted with a cam fixing and are then fixed/repeatable. I use mine a lot for refitting mouldings on panels and doors and sometimes the corners may not be square in which case a tiny tweak to the fence is easy.

I am currently trimming some mouldings that have a 70 degree slope at the end and to set this repeatedly, I made a piece of mdf with that angle that I use to reset the fence repeatedly

I don’t do picture framing , but it would be good for that. Absolutely excellent tool.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back