Axcaliber Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardly manufacturing is it. No different to Tuff Saws etc. Anybody used Axminster blades, any good?

Noel":2tanvtms said:
Anybody used Axminster blades, any good?
Yup. Nope.
Well.... they're OK. They cut well enough. Bit squeaky going through the wood. I got some free when I bought the bandsaw.

transatlantic":2wxr6g4x said:
Noel":2wxr6g4x said:
Hardly manufacturing is it. No different to Tuff Saws etc

True, but it's more than what I thought they did ...

But interesting video all the same. Ta.

Noel":18rx5dw2 said:
Hardly manufacturing is it. No different to Tuff Saws etc. Anybody used Axminster blades, any good?
I've used them, they work just as well as any others I've tried.

It’s an interesting question about which blade may be better. We use both Tuffsaws and Excalibur - and the premium quality in both. Given the variables in the bandsaw and the setting of the blade in it, I think it would need a real expert to spend quite of time testing the (same TPI) blades ensuring that the set up was absolutely the same. Then there is the question of longevity I.e. how long does the blade continue to deliver the appropriate quality of cut using the same amount of force.

Add to the blade itself, I guess you add price in order to arrive at cost of ownership (e.g. blade A costs twice as much as blade B but lasts three times as long) and then supplier service levels.

We don’t have the required expertise or time and therefore the danger is that, if asked, we would come up with a subjective answer and not an objective one.

phil.p":ed0n7id9 said:
I didn't think them so good as Tuffsaws.
Me neither. I use to use Axminster blades all the time then out of curiosity tried tuffsaws - I haven't gone back ! Still got brand new Axminster blades in their packaging gathering dust.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Delivery time for bespoke lengths seems to be a problem with Axminster. Some months ago they quoted me 3 weeks! Recently Tuffsaws delivered in a few days.
I know where I'll go next time!
Brian

Back