Avast anti virus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DiscoStu":26z9ua22 said:
Also apple apps don't like to play with each other as easily as programmes do on a PC. ....!

I'm surprised you say that as on the iMac all the Apple programs work flawlessly together. Or are you referring to apps for iOS devices?

This news item interested me http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29928751 No amount of security stuff will prevent the stupid bit of wetware between the ears messing things up!

I use avast pro and have used on several machines, I experienced a similar issue to yours on my daughters laptop when I looked into it more I found that unless you dissable the standard windows firewall and ensure you use the built in firewall contained in avast pro your computer conflics and slows down, Im stunned that avast did not ensure this as its a known issue with windows 7 and earlier versions of windows 8.

hope this helps

RogerS":3s3jpquy said:
DiscoStu":3s3jpquy said:
Also apple apps don't like to play with each other as easily as programmes do on a PC. ....!

I'm surprised you say that as on the iMac all the Apple programs work flawlessly together. Or are you referring to apps for iOS devices?

This news item interested me http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29928751 No amount of security stuff will prevent the stupid bit of wetware between the ears messing things up!

I was referring to iOS. OSX is no problem in this regard. I have a MacBook and it is very good. IOS is bad because essentially the file system is hidden from users so you cannot simple create a document in one programme and then see it in another. For example I create a Note of things to buy from Screwfix, my wife calls and says that she knows I need some stuff from Screwfix and she is currently in the hobby shop next door so she could pop in and get the stuff for me. Can I just email the note to her phone?

Well on a PC you would open your email and attach the note, you can't do that on iOS. You can copy and paste the contents of a note, but what about when the document isn't a note but a document with tables and drawings? You can't copy and paste that into an email. Sure you can probably email it from within the application that created it, but what if you want to then add a another file from a spreadsheet programme or a drawing programme?

I know there are workarounds a etc. but iOS is limited because of Apples controlling nature. The offset to that is that stuff does just work and is simple.

Sorry for waffling on.

Are we still on topic?

Back