Attention tool geeks....whats your favourite framing nailer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antho

Established Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a compressor air nailer.... which one do you like best and why.

Must be ultra reliable as it will be used in a remote location.

Thanks

Ant

I've got a bostitch, haven't got it with me to tell you which model. Which works really well but its important to use the right nails. Paslode and other off brand nails will work with it but jam and and fail to fire properly this is due to them being the slightly wrong angle. I think 33° is correct. It bump fires and in softwood almost never leaves them proud of the surface. Keep the nail slide well oiled and it will work for years!

Adidat

I bought the Dewalt battery one for making my workshop. Probably only fired 4500 nails with it but its been great.

Frankly now that I'm done with it it'll get sold on as we have no use for it.

Without doubt, hands down go get a Fasco. They are the undisputed king of framing nailers. Reliable, bullet proof and built like a tank. They will also take Scrails which can be a game changer for some. They are certainly one of the most innovative of current manufactures of pneumatic fastener tooling. Scrails themselves are a Fasco product and they released Lignoloc wooden nails a few years back - not as mad as it sounds. I scrawled a few construction forums before getting mine for some advice, the name that came up again and again (especially in the US where framed housing is the norm,) was Fasco. Hitachi also has a good name and came up a lot but Fasco always came up first form the pros who could back their words.

I have one of their strip framing nailers, a brad, finish and a pinner. Spares are available and prices aren't that bad either. RRP is usually fairly high but plenty of outlets to get good deals.

Be cautious of some of the battery variants, I looked at a well known brand and was warned off by the dealer as the firing pin had a very low operational life and wasn't a user replaceable part - it was a return to base job. That said, plenty of happy users out there.

And no I have no affiliation to Fasco............Just a happy customer.

Have to say, i have wanted a lignoloc gun since it was lauched. Just love the Idea of it. Science behind how they work it pretty cool too

Have to say, i have wanted a lignoloc gun since it was lauched. Just love the Idea of it. Science behind how they work it pretty cool too
I spoke to them a few weeks before it launched as at the time I had a (quite large) project that they were perfect for, they were happy to discuss a demo gun and a batch of nails. Life took over and it never happened, but the next opportunity I have to justify one then it's going in the virtual shopping basket. Totally agree, it sounds mad at first but the science behind it is just beautiful.

You would think they would be more well known, especially amongst timber framers. The idea must help with the appeal and selling of timber framed buildings

Yup, no idea why this isn't more standard and well known within timber framing. Ticks so many boxes and certainly a USP right now. They weren't that expensive when I spoke with them so not sure what the deal is. Mind you Scrails don't get the appropriate airtime either.

Back