Atkinson walker blades or Freud blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luketheduke

Reaction score
Its high time a ordered some new blades for my plunge saw and my chop saw (mafell mt55 and festool kapex) I was looking originally at the Freud blades as that's what I have been going with in the past but I have just come across a company called Atkinson walker and its always far nicer to buy local so I just wanted to see if any one has used them/reccomend them over the Freud blades.

Many thanks

Luke

also worth, in that case, looking at wealdon tools. their own branded blades are AW I believe and are well priced.

Luke, I'm very much a beginner and know nothing of Freud or Wealden blades but based on advice given here I did buy some blades (various forms and various TPIs for various jobs) from Atkinson Walker.

I'm in Switzerland so was a small-scale overseas customer for them but despite that the whole transaction and shipment was very easy and the prices were good. They even knew that as Switzerland is not in the EU they shouldn't charge UK VAT - not that usual for quite a lot of UK suppliers!

So nothing to say about Freud or Wealden but a definite thumbs up for Atkinson Walker - they have a very informative website too.

Usual disclaimers.

Krgds
AES

You will be happy with either.
Talk to Doug Perry. He is on here as cutting-solutions. He will sell you a good blade at a fair price.
S

I can vouch for the cutting solutions blade.

I have a 305mm 80T blade in my chop saw, very clean finish on the timber. It is only used in a hobby capacity but used enough to comment on its performance and longevity.

I can't recall the price but it was a lot more economical then branded blades.

David

Back