At Last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
At last I was able to have a proper go at the crown hollowing system that I brought.
This was using the cutters and scraper rather than the ring tool.

Wood is unknown except the ring at the opening which is cherry.

This measures 5" X 2 1/2". I managed to get a small catch while I was cleaning the inside and damaged the lip so a quick fix with the cherry,the cherry not being enough of a contrast I used some stain to darken it.

C&C most welcome.

A very nice piece. Can't wait to see what you do when you have had some more practice with the tool.
I must get some more cutters for the tools I have got and give hollowing a try

Nice piece! I would say Sycamore, it can have a similar appearance to lacewood when the medullary rays are particularly pronounced, but is a cooler white, whereas Lacewood tends to be a warmer yellow white and has a more pronounced fleck all over.

Thank you all for the comments sorry for late reply thought I had already done so earlier. I have had quite a few people say Sycamore

Goodness knows what will happen when I reach 60 i probably forget my own name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dalboy":d83r4u3a said:
Goodness knows what will happen when I reach 60 i probably forget my own name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats why they sew names in the back of young children's clothing. Not to stop it getting lost but so we will be used to it later. :)

Apparently my name is Primarc ?

Back