Ash and Zebrano coffee table.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't fancy the idea of a glass top, but i do have coasters the we use on it already.

A bit on the construction....Biscuits used to reinforce all the joints for the top, proved a rather interesting glue up, epecally when the ratchet clamp i was using decided not to release when i needed to make adjustments. Was soon sorted with some colourfull language and an attack with a kitchem knife tho. Legs and rails are all M & T'd. Afraid to say that the drawers are not dovetailed, just butt jointed with biscuits and false fronts screwed on.

That reminds me, still need to fix the top on.

Matt.

Lovely looking table!

I do like the way the veneers came out--hopefully this experience won't sour you too much to do some more veneering as it looks really nice.

Take care, Mike

Thanks Mike.

The joints on the veneer on the top ain't to clever, but on the drawer fronts there pretty damn good, even if i do say so myself :D .

It certainly hasn't put me off, i've bought loads of veneer of e-bay (zebrano, burr walnut, flame mahogany, mandrona burr etc) I think it was more the properties of the zebrano that was the problem.

Matt.

Matt,

Love the table.

You've got the proportions and timber selection just right.

When you can knock out 4 a week you can have that job (and choose your own radio station!) :lol:

Well done & good luck with the next project.

Duncan

Latest posts

Back