Around the woods web site?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Duncan.

Just been on the 'ATW' site, background is white, text is black, and all links in blue. Plenty of adds in blue.

Just been on to the tips page and everything seems OK.

PS - I'm on Tiscali, with Firefox & Comodo. All latest releases. Running XP.

duncanh":1huo1efi said:
... but does everyone see it on a plain white background, blue text menu on left and bottom with ads round the top, right and bottom. The menu system doesn't appear particularly clear
Duncan
ss.jpg

Hi Duncan
I`m with BT so how and where do I try
`Use "webcache.blueyonder.co.uk" on port 3128
as a proxy setting ` please
Cheers
Steve

This is what I get :-

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Steve - you may not be able to use the blueyonder web cache but you should be able to use the bt one that I found...

you're using Firefox so try the following -

go to the Tools->Options menu
in the dialog box choose the 'Advanced' tab
choose the 'Network' tab
click the 'Settings' button
in the dialog box that opens choose 'manual proxy configuration' and enter 'webcache.bt.net' with port 8080
check the box to use this proxy for all protocols
click ok to all the open windows and you should be done.

I can't test this cache so I guess it's for BT users only. In place of 'webcache.bt.net' I use 'webcache.blueyonder.co.uk'

Someone on a help forum suggested that I use OpenDNS instead of the one from my ISP. I've tried this but had no luck.

Blister
- if you're using IE then you can do something similar in the Tools->Internet Options->Connections->Lan Settings dialog. You want to enter your proxy server data here. This will depend on your ISP

Chas
- that's what I see. Thanks

Duncan

Cheers for that info Duncan I can access it now.
Weird that, must be some ISP thing I haven`t had a problem with any other site so must be some odd stuff floating round Darrells site :eek: .
Thanks again
Steve

gasmansteve":3w1yuk2j said:
.....Weird that, must be some ISP thing I haven`t had a problem with any other site so must be some odd stuff floating round Darrells site

It could be an issue on the proxy server cache settings or a proxy server has been blacklisted somewhere along the line.
This can also happen if the proxy is also used for e-mail and has ended up on an e-mail spam blacklist, not necessarily the fault of the original site.

Hi all. I guess I am new to this forum. A message was forwarded to me that there was difficulty logging on to Around the Woods I appreciate the interest I see in the forum. The site is a lot of fun and has been growing over the years. Just a hint, ignore the menus and go to the contents page. It has a lot more info and makes it easier to get around. I really have to condense the main page menus. Time to learn and implement some more CSS I think. Lately I have been playing more with video and Youtube so there are some more of those coming up. I have a 15 minute video in the works on turning the icicle Christmas ornaments and should have that up soon. I am also thinking of doing a page on maintaining and sharpening a chainsaw if anyone is interested. There is also a blog running at Round Opinions where the new stuff is posted along with the what's new page. I am not sure why there might be a problem logging in although people have had some hassle. At present I am averaging over 2,000 page views a day. If there is some way I can help, let me know.

Displays OK for me I am using IE with Netgear wireless router and Sygate personal firewall
Refreshes OK as well
Phil

Welcome to the forum Darrell, you got caught by the spam trap, it will leave you alone after a while.

Darrell":2ll9iv86 said:
......... A message was forwarded to me that there was difficulty logging on to Around the Woods I appreciate the interest I see in the forum. ........
There is also a blog running at Round Opinions where the new stuff is posted along with the what's new page. I am not sure why there might be a problem logging in although people have had some hassle. .....
A message was forwarded to me that there was difficulty logging on to Around the Woods I appreciate the interest I see in the forum. ........
There is also a blog running at Round Opinions where the new stuff is posted along with the what's new page. I am not sure why there might be a problem logging in although people have had some hassle.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. This looks like a forum with a lot of action. I was in England for a couple of weeks a couple of years ago and I had a great time. My wife is from the Lake District.

Welcome Darrell, nice to see more coming over this side of the pond. The more the merrier, especially passing tips around.

PS - Like your site, keep up the good work.

Back