Argh, you lot have a lot to answer for.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlawrence

Established Member
Reaction score
I spotted this on fleabay and just couldn't resist - and I've no bloody idea why ???

swmbo asked for a list of what I wanted for Xmas - there were more planes on there than anything else. I can't imagine that I'll actually get any of them, but fingers cross money (or permission) will be forthcoming to get one or two :)

es since that recent thread, I feel the urge for a plough (plow :roll: ) plane. I'm resisting.

wizer":5dlczz07 said:
es since that recent thread, I feel the urge for a plough (plow :roll: ) plane. I'm resisting.
Trouble is Tom, you've got the breaking strain of a Kit-Kat :lol: - Rob

I very nearly got a one off LN bronze thing - was apparently made for a show or something. Glad I didn't win that one, I'd prefer to get some planes that I actually need before buying random pretty stuff :)
I picked up a silverline No 7 the other day for the ridiculous price of £20 at my local hardware store - they don't mind me taking straight edges to things :). Sole is almost perfectly flat (at least it's not raised in the middle), and there seems, to me, to be very little play in the adjuster. Blade may well be cr4p (and need sharpening every 10 minutes) but it'll do the job until I can afford something better.
I think my wallet is going to regret ever trying a plane to see whether they're actually any good compared to machines.

Hmmm, there would appear to be something in the air. Since I've seen an ECE plough plane on sale at a reduction by Rutlands I've been prowling the net for some form of plough.

However some of the good folk at this forum have politely redirected my attention towards a more sensible Stanley 45 or Record 405 - thank god.

Of course the humane approach would have been for them to stop me dead in my tracks but where would be the fun in that???

Eoin

I don't know what all the fuss is about planes. :? i've got four.
A joiner, a jack, (record & Stanley) one with a motor fixed to it, I like that one. :lol:
And one on top of my thicknesser, (think that's called a jointer or something)

I cannot think why you all wet yourselves when someone mentions LIE, or FEST, CLIFT, or some word like that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John. B

Back