Arges tools - any experience?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wellywood

Established Member
Reaction score
It's time for a new hand-held router and my local tool shop is selling Arges routers at a very reasonable price. They are made by a company called HongDa so obviously Chinese or thereabouts. Never heard of them before.
Has anyone had any experience of this brand?

They seem to make quite a range of hand power tools (google) but no reviews that I saw.
Ask the store about spares support and warranty before parting with your hard earned
The price might indicate they are throw away rather than repairable?

I can't remember the name of the diy chain in NZ - orange livery/logo but they might just be big enough to buy in a range from a chinese factory - found it Mitre10 but they don't have it. Found it http://www.thetoolshed.co.nz/Products/P ... peed-1200w

2yr trade warranty ought to mean it is reasonable but for the equivalent of 70 UKP I'd have some doubts.

MM

My thoughts exactly MM regarding price vs quality. I'd thought of using one with a permanently attached clear acrylic base for use with guide bushes (which I have). The bushes don't get used often but it's a pain in the proverbial having to change bases on the hand-held when I want to use them. With minimal use the router might have a long life.
BTW it was the Toolshed catalogue I saw the router in. I'll go down and handle one. If I buy one I'll review it on the forum.

Back