Are you thinking about getting a Festool MFT 3?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hopefully going to get my top ordered next week.
I believe it needs to be 18mm or the clamps won't fit and I would do it in moisture resistant MDF.
I quite fancy building one of these:
http://www.benchworks.be/mftc.html

Let me know what size you want and I will get a price for you.
I am also working at Mark Cross for the next couple of weeks which I think is fairly close to you.

I'm looking at 1600mm x 1000mm to go on top of my existing work table. The people in Lewes are coming back to me Momday so it would be interesting to compare prices

just read the beginning of this thread about saving money on mft by just using the top and parf dogs. Just thought I'd add that you don't need to buy parf dogs, I have an mft top, not the table, which I bought for about £70 and use 20mm plastic electrical conduit which was lying around the workshop. Perfect fit. Cut it to any length you need with hacksaw and file the leading edge.
Paddy

Well, I ordered my bespoke MFT worktop from the CNC firm in Ringmer and, 2 days later, it was ready for me to collect. I've now had it in place for a few days and am delighted with it. It has been made as accurately as you would think it - 1600 x 1000 x 18mm with 20mm holes at 96mm centres - could be with a cost of £16 for the mdf and £70 for the cutting. If you do want one made to a size to suit you, then try these guys

Hi MartinCox,

Just wondering with how you got on with your MFT style top. Did you get it done yourself because you wanted a specific size?

Just noticed that you are also near Tonbridge. I'd love to come over and see it if you're ok with that. Please PM me if so.

Cheers

If you type in MFT3 top or replacement perforated top in t'ebay, there's a guy selling them for £40 with £10 postage. Looks like they can do custom sizes...and personalize them as well.

Nigel

Back