Are you thinking about getting a Festool MFT 3?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon Stu

Do you mean an 8x4 sheet? If so, no. Table tops are 1220 x 600 mm. The over-hang would be huge. The flex might not be too bad on a sheet of 25mm MDF, but I still wouldn't fancy trying it. :) The other problem would be securing the sheet during cutting.

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood the question.

That said, I’ve just cut all the material for an 870 x 800 x 600 chest of drawers using that size table top, with just a track saw, Parf Dogs, and Festool parallel guides, so you can work on some fairly sizable projects with no issues.

Cheers
Stu

I must be lucky. My local sawmill cuts any material you buy, free of charge. (Well, I guess it's worked into their pricing structure!)

This means I can bring home 8 x 2 sheets on the roof-rack, and manage those easily for any further cutting. At the end of the day, if I present the machinist with a drawing, he will cut the whole lot for me, so I don't have any worries about breaking down 8 x 4 sheets.

I am using two inexpensive workmate type benches with your top Stu. It works fine; except that the bamboo jaws on the benches are showing signs of wear, and bolts keep coming loose. I will probably try to get a used B&D workmate to go with my old one, and use those instead.

Cheers

John

Afternoon John, Stu

Yep, I get my 8x4 sheets broken down to roughly what I want when I pick them up. I haven't got a van, so I've no choice. My lad's after a VW Caddy at Easter, but that won't help. I should get him hypnotised into thinking he needs a Transit. :)

Cheers
Stu

A BIG thankyou to Stu for supplying 2 of the table tops, they arrived this afternoon =D>

Very quick turnaround and excellent product, we're very impressed.

Thanks very much!

All the best
Bill

BeJay":3uqezc6q said:
A BIG thankyou to Stu for supplying 2 of the table tops, they arrived this afternoon =D>

Very quick turnaround and excellent product, we're very impressed.

Thanks very much!

All the best
Bill
Thanks Bill

Glad you're pleased.

Cheers
Stu

Hi Stu,

Used the table for the first time yesterday and it's spot on. I'm trying to thank you officially on here but cannot find out how to do that yet.

Hi Stu great video... Only just got round to watching it. I'm up for a table top btw. Please could say what hose you have on your saw? Is 27mm or 36mm I'm after 36 for the kapex from my midi, just don't want to pay festool prices.

Cheers

James

Afternoon James

I'm using the hose that came with my Mirka sander. Rest Express are a big Mirka retailer. Looks like you can get the hose for £34. It comes with an adapter that fits all the Festool stuff perfectly. Here's the link. You'd also probably need one of these adapters to connect the hose to the vac. They work well.

However, I find the hose a bit too stiff, so am think of switching to the Festool hose. :) I believe they're a bit more flexible. I'll get to try one tomorrow.

Cheers
Stu

mahomo59":11znz35j said:
Hi Stu great video... Only just got round to watching it. I'm up for a table top btw. Please could say what hose you have on your saw? Is 27mm or 36mm I'm after 36 for the kapex from my midi, just don't want to pay festool prices.

Cheers

James
I use the 36mm NON anti static hose on my kapex . I got a 3.5m length with a cleaning set in a sys5 for £95 from nuts & bolts . I then cut the hose in half which is long enough to go from the kapex to my midi. You can buy the hose alone for around £60

Is the Festool hose nice and flexible? I find my Mirka one a bit stuff. It's a good strong hose, but does seem to have a mind of its own sometimes.

I don't use a Festool extractor, so I probably don't need to pay the extra for the the anti-static ones.

Cheers
Stu

Stu.

I find the Festool hose gets in my way. It is not as flexible as I'd like, and it tries to stay looped. But then I am a clumsy so and so at times.

I think the hose 'gantry' is a requirement to keep it overhead and out of the way.

HTH :)

Stu_2":39cyom0x said:
Is the Festool hose nice and flexible? I find my Mirka one a bit stuff. It's a good strong hose, but does seem to have a mind of its own sometimes.

I don't use a Festool extractor, so I probably don't need to pay the extra for the the anti-static ones.

Cheers
Stu
Yeah I find it very flexible. Get the Non anti static one as I said its much cheaper. The anti static green hose is around £100

Hi guys,

Hope you all had a good break. I have now had a couple of Stu_2's MFT tables that I use for domestic installation work for a few months. I use them on Keter workbenches which are unbelievable bits of kit in their own right. Coupled with Stu's tables it halves the job and doubles the accuracy.

With two tables you can deal with 8x4 sheets of anything coupled with the festool rail saw. Mine are currently set up in a customers garage and it took less than 5 minutes to get ready for work sorting out 3m kitchen worktops.

Stu was kind enough to come out on a job before Christmas to show me the Festool Domino in action. I probably paid more than I should have but I bought it yesterday regardless.

If you want to increase profitability and accuracy you need Stu's tables in your kit!!! (hammer)

Gonzo1969":2tm7hvq9 said:
Hi guys,

Hope you all had a good break. I have now had a couple of Stu_2's MFT tables that I use for domestic installation work for a few months. I use them on Keter workbenches which are unbelievable bits of kit in their own right. Coupled with Stu's tables it halves the job and doubles the accuracy.

With two tables you can deal with 8x4 sheets of anything coupled with the festool rail saw. Mine are currently set up in a customers garage and it took less than 5 minutes to get ready for work sorting out 3m kitchen worktops.

Stu was kind enough to come out on a job before Christmas to show me the Festool Domino in action. I probably paid more than I should have but I bought it yesterday regardless.

If you want to increase profitability and accuracy you need Stu's tables in your kit!!! (hammer)
If you've just bought a domino you might want to get hold of one of these viewtopic.php?t=85852<br/>

Back