anyone with a nova 1624 or dvr

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Getting a nova 1624 next week but realy want to build
a stand for it with some extra ballast for when it arrives.
Was wondering if someone could measure the spread off the factory legs
at floor level to give me a starting point.
Many thanks
Keith

Hi Keith,

I took delivery of my 1624 2 weeks ago but always intended to mount it on my existing bench so the supplied stand remains unopened so I can't really help. However my bench is 1500mm x 600mm . It is constructed of 60x60mm framing with lots of cross bearers, a lower shelf which carries all my wood blanks and a top made from a 1 hour fire door blank which is 54mm thick. The lathe is mounted at the front which gives me room on the bench for chucks, tool rests etc. One thing you should be aware of is that Record quote the overall length as 1030mm but this does not take account of the motor overhang which is another 300mm. I have also bolted the lathe to the bed. So far I have turned a 12"x3" elm bowl with very little vibration and happy to report that I am, so far, delighted with it :D

Ray

Hi Keith

I have one

The spread external to external point is 1405mm x 455mm at floor level

hope this helps

John

One thing I forgot to mention. If you go to www.teknatool.com who are the people who actually make the lathe and download the manual they actually give plans for a purpose made bench.

Hi
Seen that Bluefox but still wanted a bit more weight, made 2 hollow
A frames at the ends with 18mm ply(50mm void) which I can fill with sand also a box running the length of the lathe near the floor which I can also fill with a couple bags of sand.

Keith

Back