Anyone used these at all

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
GLFaria":1r6j1va9 said:
Made in Austria (http://www.bernardo.at/home). Sorry, I don't have a clue about their quality, but it should be available off-ebay. You could try asking them for dealers in the UK.

I watched a video about a Bernardo panel saw o Utube in which the presenter described the failings of the machinery castings etc.

Here is the link to the Utube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYLt0rZyJA0

First the presenter describes his old saw then he describes his New Bernado Saw. The description of the Bernardo saw starts at about 4:50 minutes.

I think you will have to draw your own conclusions.

Mark

Jeepers...that table saw...what a heap of junk. Did you see how the whole machine case wobbled from side to side as the blade height was adjusted ?

I owned a Bernardo bench top drill press a few years ago and was not happy with the quality. The quill had a bit of play in it and the quill return spring broke after one year of light use. I was lured to it by the Swiss association, but realized after I started using it that the quality was less than I expected. I own a Jet JSG-96 disc/belt sander and would not hesitate to by a Jet drum sander if I needed one.

The first thing that comes to mind from me looking at the ebay images is that to double the width from 560mm to 1120mm you would have to remove the bracket on the left hand side. On the Jet, that side is clear of obstructions so its easy to do the other half.

Thanks all for your replies. As you say the video doesn't exactly fill you with confidence. Think I will stick with the original idea and go with the Jet 16-32. The video seems to show quite an alarming level of self assembly for a table saw (unless he dismantled it to get it in his workshop)!

bugbear":2bkpdfvt said:
acewoodturner":2bkpdfvt said:
Made in China - says it all!

You mean it's the same state of the art design as an iPhone?

BugBear

i phone is a lot of things, state of the art it has never been, great marketing maybe

Back