Anyone used the evolution rage table saws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomP

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking on the web, id love a Dewalt table saw however i can afford one at the minute. but i saw the evolution on the web and it appears to be of a good quality for a lot lower price.

I was wondering if anyone has used the evolution or the Dewalt. Or would the Dewalt be worth the wait.

Am i missing any other brand that would compete with the Dewalt saws?

Tom

I had an Evolution Rage in the past and it did a useful job for a few years. Quite noisy motor is the only real problem. It cut quite accurately, and the safety design is good.

I've now replaced it with a Wadkin AGS10, which is far superior. I don't know that another portable saw would be hugely better than the Evolution. I'd get it for a while until you can afford a good cast iron bobbie - unless you need the portability of course.

Keith

TomP":2h3ezldu said:
Hi,

I have been looking on the web, id love a Dewalt table saw however i can afford one at the minute. but i saw the evolution on the web and it appears to be of a good quality for a lot lower price.

I was wondering if anyone has used the evolution or the Dewalt. Or would the Dewalt be worth the wait.

Tom
Where will you be using it? Workshop or site?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

It would be used at work and at home but I'm a final year student at university so don't have a dedicated workshop as such, because o this i need something portable.

A friend of mine has recently bought an Evo Rage and I have had a play with it in his shop. My impressions are: fairly flimsily made. Blade (his was 10 inch) really needs replacing with a better one - quality of cut (on ply) was a bit chippy. You will need ear defenders - the motor was extremely loud (that alone would put me off). It was pretty cheap and that was the attraction. As far as I could tell it was reasonably accurate. I did not like the fact that almost all of the knobs and adjusters were not very strong feeling plastic and felt as if they would not withstand my ham-fisted use so I would not buy one personally. I have learned over the ears that tolls that I expect to use a lot and / or over a long period are better pitched at trade quality not DIY quality. However, budget is inevitably a factor.

Have to be honest i think id avoid the fury over the rage.

guess what I'm trying to work out is would the rage be perfectly adequate for my requirements. or will i always be wanting a higher quality saw then buying a new saw in the not too distant future.

As in all things, buy the best you can possibly afford, whether new or second hand, that way at least you did the best you could at the time.

Mike

TomP":30duf1dn said:
Have to be honest i think id avoid the fury over the rage.

guess what I'm trying to work out is would the rage be perfectly adequate for my requirements. or will i always be wanting a higher quality saw then buying a new saw in the not too distant future.

They are basically the same saw. However, the Rage is more trade oriented and has much better machining quality and tighter tolerances. For instance, I have both Fury and Rage CMS. The Fury suffers from loose pivot joints, has done from new, and the mitre lock isn't the best for accuracy. The Rage on the other hand is pretty much perfect. The Rage is also quieter even though they have the same brushed motor. To look at them though, it's only the casing colour that differs.

I thing the Rage saw, may possibly have to be me a christmas present to myself

TomP":2pw2f323 said:
Hi,

Tom

Hi.. (First post)
I have an Evolution Fury 5-S 255mm Multipurpose TCT Table Saw, I was working to a budget so i am pleased with it. BUT
I would sooner have spent a bit more and got a more sturdy saw with a proper fence ... I have had to redesign the fence (now comprises a 45 x 90mm Aluminium Profile attached to the original fence, with a far end clamp) and it now is a lot better. I have used it loads and get good results.
For £150ish its a reasonable saw...but spend another £100 for a better one

Back