Anyone seen the new Fox table saw ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbingley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to everyone. Been reading for ages, now time to join and post. :)

Just been to my local machinery dealer and he has a brand new " Fox F36-524" in.
It looks like a Kity 419 clone, but with a cast iron table.
Very smooth action on the sliding table.
The side table extension appears to made from mild steel.
Altogether it looks and feels very solid.
The price was £375 + VAT. Which from my search looking for a Kity is at least £200 cheaper.
On the way home I discussed with myself the merits of the saw and decided I liked it.
So rang the dealer up and asked about stock levels. :cry: None in.
But the good news is he said that he would let me have the demo model after checking with his supplier on when he gets his stock.
So here's hoping. :D

Cheers
Chris.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. :D
Any chance of you posting some pictures of your new toy, er I mean :tool: when you get it home?

The man in the shop said that it wouldn't be on any website for a couple of days yet.
He had no other info on the saw other than it standing there.
He didn't ring back, so maybe he's not allowed to sell it yet ?

Chris.

Hi,
Got the saw home, it's a heavy b***er for the size.
I haven't unpacked it yet, waiting for better weather so I can move things around in my shed.
I was going to post the cover of the manual, but can't figure out how to get an image into a post ???
When I've figured out how to do it I'll post the pic.

Got the saw from D B Keighley. http://www.dbkeighley.co.uk/
£375 +VAT.
Includes sliding carriage, floor stand, & extension table. The table top & sliding carriage are made from cast iron

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris

mrbingley":3r78mma5 said:
I was going to post the cover of the manual, but can't figure out how to get an image into a post ???
When I've figured out how to do it I'll post the pic.

Have a look here at Adam's post.

Cheers
Neil

Mr. Bingley, a very good price at £375 + vat....
as looking on D.B.Keighleys website, and the saw table is quoted at a price of £600 + vat.
or do you know something we dont :wink:

i have been looking at a new table saw , as i am currently using a clarke 10" bench saw....primarily the SIP 01332 10" , and the cheapest i`ve seen it is £549 (inc vat)
but if the Fox is as cheap as that i may be persuaded :D , and the swinging arm is a real bonus, its an optional extra on the SIP.

If you could confirm the price, asssuming you have not bought ex demo, refurb etc.....

I was very intersted myself so I rung up about the saw and I could get it delivered to London for £405 + vat :D
That sounds good to me but just waiting for a reveiw on it 8-[
I have a ferm saw with the induction motor ( on to bad but time for a change )
Lets see some pic please :wink:

I'll have put some pics up on my web site.
The saw looks very, very like the Kity 419, the difference being that the table & sliding table are cast iron. The extension table is folded mild steel.

HTH
Chris.

mrbingley":3ndal6ln said:
I'll have put some pics up on my web site.
The saw looks very, very like the Kity 419, the difference being that the table & sliding table are cast iron. The extension table is folded mild steel.

HTH
Chris.

A link to your web site would be helpful. :roll:

Hi mrbingley
How is the new toy ( sorry I mean saw :wink: ) as I am thinking of getting new one and it would fit the bill if its any good :) , as I can get it for £405 +vat, delivered \:D/

The one difference I can see is the Kity 419 has a full lenght fench and the Fox does not but it looks good to me. Its on my shopping list :)

Back