Anyone recognise this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
In the box containing a Boxford Little Giant toolpost grinder acquired at the weekend, there was another grinding shaft, but obviously not a Boxford part. Does anyone recognise it? Manufacturer, what machine it might fit etc? It's no use to me, but interested to know more about it and would be open to (small!) offers if anyone wants it.
DSCF4942.JPG

DSCF4941.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF4941.JPG
    DSCF4941.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 962
  • DSCF4942.JPG
    DSCF4942.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 962
Interesting. As you say, there doesn't appear to be anything quite the same on that link, but the paint job could indeed be Warco (though it looks a bit too well finished for their stuff. But I'm a machine snob!). If you are interested, just pm me an offer. Not wanting to put you off, but I'm loth to grind anything anywhere near my S7.

This is just pure speculation...... but if the base travelled lenghtwise along some kind of ways set at the correct angle this would make sense as a grinder for morse tapers.

Some spindles and quills have case hardened tapers which have to be ground after hardening.

Back