Anyone out there with a chainsaw mill and near the Beacon Beacons?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a large ash tree come down in the garden a few weeks ago and although it would be good for firewood it seems a shame not to be able to mill (some) of it.

I have a couple of chainsaws but my biggest bar is only 18"...

Anyone out there near the Brecon Beacons with an Alaskan chainsaw mill?
Obviously you'd get some of the processed timber for your time/ effort... :)

The purple 'object' in the middle of the photo is my wife (for scale!).

1000004485.jpg

Wow How big your garden when I 1st seen it I was going to ask if I could come metal detecting on your land lol

I haven’t got a contact number for any but there’s a couple of sawyers near you post regularly on arbtalk forum, might be worth posting on there?

Not a chainsaw mill, but we have a community-run bandsaw mill at the top of the Amman Valley. Let me know what access is like and we'll see what we can do!

@mock ha ha! It's a couple of acres and as I'm a fellow detectorist I've gone over most of it already. Found a couple of interesting items; a small hawking whistle where an old footbridge crossed a stream from us to a neighbouring farm and an 1854 2 centime coin that'd been worn as a necklace! If you ever find yourself in the Sennybridge area by all means give me a shout....

Will have a look at the arbtalk forum 👍🏻
@Tweedy unfortunately there's no vehicular access to where this tree is, hence my thinking of a chainsaw mill. If we ever have another tree come down with better access I'll bear you in mind, thanks anyway. 👍🏻

@mock ha ha! It's a couple of acres and as I'm a fellow detectorist I've gone over most of it already. Found a couple of interesting items; a small hawking whistle where an old footbridge crossed a stream from us to a neighbouring farm and an 1854 2 centime coin that'd been worn as a necklace! If you ever find yourself in the Sennybridge area by all means give me a shout....

Will have a look at the arbtalk forum 👍🏻
@Tweedy unfortunately there's no vehicular access to where this tree is, hence my thinking of a chainsaw mill. If we ever have another tree come down with better access I'll bear you in mind, thanks anyway. 👍🏻
If you can get a quad bike in, we can get logs out!

Back