Anyone Knows Where you can get Jigsaw blades for bend cuts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sitefive

Established Member
Reaction score
Got some Bosch T101AO rated up to 15mm , and honestly they are soo thin that when you want to cut some tight bends the blade itself just bends in wood and it starts cutting at huuuge angle and messes up everything..I have been cutting 30mm stuff with them that might explain that but still..they are total dung.

ordered now some dewalt which is copy of bosch t101ao BUT rated at 30mm which might work..who knows..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391266799476? ... EBIDX%3AIT

But anyone can suggest me what they are using when cutting this kind of stuff?
btw the jigsaw itself is fine, bosch gst135 with extra stability control for the blade.

Have you tried playing with the pendulum function on the jigsaw ? I've used those blades and the dewalt version for cutting 18 mm birch ply and they seemed to cut o.k albeit a bit slow

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Or do a lot of reliedf cuts. Could you wang around with a normal blade about 3mm off the line ? Sometimes this'll help getting the blade to turn the tight radius

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That Bosch blade is excellent, so you need to find other explanations for your disappointment. Sorry to sound accusing, but it's true, and I wouldn't want you to give up perfectly good blades for other jobs.

As above, The correct Bosch jigsaw blades are excellent and there are a good range of different blades too!
Cutting through 30mm, it ought to nip through that, without any problems at all, unless of course you had a hard, dry piece of hardwood with a knot in it!
perhaps the radius you are cutting is tight, there are narrower blades available too!
I would say say you need to check over the saw blade movement, for the blade stroke pendulum action,
wear in the blade locking area, or perhaps the timber
Regards Rodders

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bosch ... CXeHKWM%3A

I use the Bosch T308BOA. They are for deep cutting but still cuts round curves, not as tight as the little T101A0 but they cut well and you can go at a normal speed. I keep the little blade for fine work, or finishing off the really tight areas, but slowly.

blackrodd":1lsgncej said:
As above, The correct Bosch jigsaw blades are excellent and there are a good range of different blades too!
Cutting through 30mm, it ought to nip through that, without any problems at all, unless of course you had a hard, dry piece of hardwood with a knot in it!
perhaps the radius you are cutting is tight, there are narrower blades available too!
I would say say you need to check over the saw blade movement, for the blade stroke pendulum action,
wear in the blade locking area, or perhaps the timber
Regards Rodders

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bosch ... CXeHKWM%3A

they have no problem cutting through even 50mm material, that's really not the problem but.. once you start taking very tight bends the blade bends itself and starts cutting at a serious off-angle -and than just snaps if you keep sawing like that for extended period of time.
the timber def. isn't the problem,nor is the saw. If you take that blade in hand and try to bend it yourself it bends soooo easily compared to the larger blades- which simply can't cut the tight bends i need.

They bend because they are narrow. They are narrow because because they are designed to cut tight bends - but not in the thickness of wood you are using. There is nothing wrong with the blade - it just doesn't suit your purpose.

phil.p":3qa0ukl4 said:
They bend because they are narrow. They are narrow because because they are designed to cut tight bends - but not in the thickness of wood you are using. There is nothing wrong with the blade - it just doesn't suit your purpose.
well exactly that's my point! that why was asking Is there any blade on the market that Can cut 2.5-3cm thick material without bending, yet still cut tight bends?

sitefive":2m9x4qs8 said:
phil.p":2m9x4qs8 said:
well exactly that's my point! that why was asking Is there any blade on the market that Can cut 2.5-3cm thick material without bending, yet still cut tight bends?

Bosch T101AO Blades are fine teeth for cutting 1.5mm- 15mm material, as you say, Personally I would like a courser blade but they should know.
If you're jigsaw won't cut this, Sounds to me that perhaps you ought to get some forstener bits or a hole saw
Regards Rodders

http://www.uk-jigsawblades.co.uk/conten ... od.html#p3

+1 for loads of relief cuts. Jigsaws are never that accurate so It is a good idea to cut away from your line and clean up with round bottomed spoke shave and chisel

well I can confirm that it was the blades fault... Found some other blade which was a bit bigger than the T101AO yet smaller than normal blade ( I have no idea what make/model that blade is tho as It has got no name on it :( ) and it cut through the 30mm pine with no effort and no bending like the rubbish T101AO

I think you are being a bit hard blaming the blade for failing when you are trying to use it in material that is twice as thick as its maximum designed thickness. That is like complaining that a dovetail saw is rubbish for ripping boards down the middle.

I use bosch blades a lot and have always been very happy with the results.

well I can confirm that it was the blades fault.

The blade isn't to blame. It's likely to be user error. You need to use the appropriate blade for the appropriate thickness of wood.

I had this exact problem using a narrow and thin blade which I had assumed would be better suited to cutting a tight radius (about 4") and found the blade curved and went horribly off line. I was cutting two layers of 3/4" ply back to back in order to get matching pieces.

I reverted to an all purpose blade which was much better and concluded that the teeth on the small blade were too fine and didn't have enough set which left no clearance to make the necessary turn. It cut very smoothly in a straight line, mind. If I were to try it again I would probably go for a narrow blade but relatively coarse teeth and plan to clean up afterwards as suggested above.

Update: received today the dewalt blades I had linked to previously:

and they are much much much better than the bosch ones, you can cut veery tight corners with them and they dont bend at all like the rubbish bosch ones.
So in conclusion: if anyone needs good blades for task like this avoid the bosch as they are only good for super thin stuff and go for those dewalt ones.

sitefive":on7uq5b4 said:
Update: received today the dewalt blades I had linked to previously:

and they are much much much better than the bosch ones, you can cut veery tight corners with them and they dont bend at all like the rubbish bosch ones.
So in conclusion: if anyone needs good blades for task like this avoid the bosch as they are only good for super thin stuff and go for those dewalt ones.

So the Bosch ones are good for thinner stuff, which is what they are specified/advertised for, and the DeWalt ones are good for thicker stuff, which is what they are specified/advertised for.

Where's the surprise in any of that ? ](*,) :lol:

Cheers, Paul

Back