Anyone know where to buy square headed nuts in uk?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tetsuaiga

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone know some places where i could find reasonably prices square headed nuts, preferably cap type. I would like to use them on something between m6 - m10 threaded rods. I've done quite a bit of searching but there doesnt seem to be much about really. The only reason i'd like them is for the asthetic shape.

Thank you

i would have a look at ebay to start with. easier to restrict the search if you choose the size first.

You can get M6 cage nuts as used in the electronic industry and prise the square nut out of the cage.

Google image for cage nut and you will see the idea.

Thanks. When I say cap type I didn't mean only the domed ones what I mean was the type that don't have the whole going all the way through.

I'll check out your suggestions. I'd quite like ones that are black/dark but thats not too important.

At a concert last night, I found myself staring at the drums and I remembered your question. Drums often have nice plated adjuster bolts with square heads, like these on ebay:

$(KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uT+BPfMcth(+w~~60_1.JPG

Might it be possible to adapt the design of whatever it is you are building and use something like these?

Even if they won't do, the world of drum kit fittings might throw up something else which would suit.

Tetsuaiga;

If you need just a few, don't you know anyone with a small metal-working lathe?
Some square stock of the right dimensions could soon be turned into the required type of bolt.
HTH :)

Latest posts

Back