• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Anyone into latex?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score
Before you get the wrong idea it's latex gloves I'm asking about :roll: . As I've got old and wrinkly I've found that paints and oils affect my skin so I use latex gloves. I'm looking for latex gloves that don't tear as you put them on. I store them out of daylight but they still tend to tear so maybe I need to find a better quality glove. Anybody recommend a good make?
Regards Keith

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Keith
What a disappointment :? :)

I buy mine from Arco in box of 100. I seal them in a black bag and keep in a drawer and they are pretty strong.

I don't buy often so can't remember what I pay though.

Bob

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
The Eriba Turner":1voq4y4o said:
Thanks Bob. We've got an Arco in Northampton so I'll give them a try.
Regards Keith
The best ones by far though are thicker blue colour medical gloves, my wife brings me a handful from work occasionally, (i always check they are unused ones :wink: ).

No idea of brand but they seem almost untearable so I guess probably expensive. I can't ask the missus at the minute 'cos I've presumably done something or other she doesn't like and I'm getting the silent tretment :? .

Most towns seem to have a medical supplies outlet so worth a look if you don't mind the cost or a word with a friendly GP or nurse? I could post you a pair to try out if you wish, Big uns they be :)

Bob

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Lons":3iat6g7s said:
The Eriba Turner":3iat6g7s said:
Thanks Bob. We've got an Arco in Northampton so I'll give them a try.
Regards Keith
The best ones by far though are thicker blue colour medical gloves, my wife brings me a handful from work occasionally, (i always check they are unused ones :wink: ).

No idea of brand but they seem almost untearable so I guess probably expensive. I can't ask the missus at the minute 'cos I've presumably done something or other she doesn't like and I'm getting the silent tretment :? .

Most towns seem to have a medical supplies outlet so worth a look if you don't mind the cost or a word with a friendly GP or nurse? I could post you a pair to try out if you wish, Big uns they be :)

Bob
+1 for the blue medical ones, almost tear proof, comfortable and can get 10 or 20 uses out of them compared to the use-once (if you're lucky) cheaper ones. I'll see if I can get details of make/manufacturer/supplier etc.

Edit- Bob saved me the bother. Ta.

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I always use the Nitrile gloves they are much better and last a lot longer. You can even apply masking tape with them on without it sticking to them. :wink:

gregmcateer

Established Member
Reaction score

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Lons":1ngqk1wh said:
I can't ask the missus at the minute 'cos I've presumably done something or other she doesn't like and I'm getting the silent tretment :? .

Bob
Sounds familiar Bob...anyone not been there :lol: - Rob

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
woodbloke":1sw012z5 said:
Lons":1sw012z5 said:
Sounds familiar Bob...anyone not been there :lol: - Rob
Don't mind the silence :wink: but it's a b*gger having to make my own dinner :lol:

Anyway it'll be sorted soon. Sent her a text message that if it isn't, I'm not driving around the USA looking at a glum face in the passenger seat :wink:

Bob

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score
phil.p":135evpcp said:
Use nitrile ones - 2 or 3 times the price of latex, but much,much stronger. Motor factors stock them.
Bought a box of 100 nitrile gloves in the local motor factors (never thought of looking there so thanks) for just £6.28. As you say much tougher than latex and more comfortable.

Thanks guys for all the advice.

Regards Keith

Hardwood66

Established Member
Reaction score
Vinyl are normally thicker so great for heavy or nasty chemicals just don't like tight gloves makes my hands flair up so u use the other ones