Anyone bought one of these router track rail adapters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I quite like the idea of adding an adapter to my Katsu router so I can use it with my saw rails to make lovely straight router lines. I know I could make one with some bits of wood and MDF, and perhaps I should, but this one is on the auction site, and appears to do the job...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Makita-Router-Guide-Adaptor-to-Evolution-Track-Rail/283968944051
It's obviously a 3D print, which I imagine is accurate, but honest opinions and reviews of people on here count for a lot.

Has anyone used one? Do they work? Are they accurate.

Thanks

I looked at one of those, but for around an extra £10 the genuine Makita adapter is more versatile as it has adjustable rails and also fits other routers such as various Trend ones big and small. Also, runs from the other side of the track too. You may have to check that it will fit your particular router, and I can testify that it is a quality adapter. I have used mine on a Trend T7 so far, and it runs true, but you do have to be careful so practice is helpful.

I looked into them but the ones for the Katsu all seemed to only fit the standard base, not the plunge base. So I made my own, it was really quite easy.

Thanks guys - some good points.

I looked at one of those, but for around an extra £10 the genuine Makita adapter is more versatile as it has adjustable rails and also fits other routers such as various Trend ones big and small. Also, runs from the other side of the track too. You may have to check that it will fit your particular router, and I can testify that it is a quality adapter. I have used mine on a Trend T7 so far, and it runs true, but you do have to be careful so practice is helpful.

I like the idea of a more flexible option although if it was dedicated to the Katsu it would stay screwed to it - and therefore likely get used more often. I also can't see how the cheaper Makita ones would fit the Katsu? (Indeed the DRT50 isn't mentioned as complatible)
Do you use the adjustable arms much - wouldn't I just move the rail?

I looked into them but the ones for the Katsu all seemed to only fit the standard base, not the plunge base. So I made my own, it was really quite easy.
I have the standard base, and I'm happy with it so that isn't an issue - but you're absolutely right - making a fixed one would appear to be a fairly simple job.

I have the standard base, and I'm happy with it so that isn't an issue - but you're absolutely right - making a fixed one would appear to be a fairly simple job.

I wanted to use the plunge base for mine as I am hoping one day to convert one of my tracks into a shelf pin cutting jig and use the plunge router as the "drill". I also figured a plunge base would generally be more useful.

That being said, I made the jig probably 2 years ago and aside from testing I have yet to use it on a project! lol. It's like a lot of my tools though, I have things made and tested and ready to go, I don't know when I will need them but when the day comes I am always glad they are ready!

I wanted to use the plunge base for mine as I am hoping one day to convert one of my tracks into a shelf pin cutting jig and use the plunge router as the "drill".
I like ths idea - I saw the Festool LR32 rail, with guide holes, but can't justify the £120 cost :unsure:

I like ths idea - I saw the Festool LR32 rail, with guide holes, but can't justify the £120 cost :unsure:

I bought a kit from FC Tools to convert my rails to guided holes. Works a treat. They also make a version of the LR32 router base with stepper for the DeWalt 18v router (amongst others). I've so far converted both an 800 and a 1400 rail.

I did originally buy a 3D printed adapter like you linked from ebay to use the DeWalt 18V router on a Festool track, but found it quite loose. Again, FC Tools do a solid aluminium one that works a treat - different to the LR32 type one. Not affiliated in any way with them, but their gear seems very well engineered.

I bought a kit from FC Tools to convert my rails to guided holes. Works a treat. They also make a version of the LR32 router base with stepper for the DeWalt 18v router (amongst others). I've so far converted both an 800 and a 1400 rail.

I did originally buy a 3D printed adapter like you linked from ebay to use the DeWalt 18V router on a Festool track, but found it quite loose. Again, FC Tools do a solid aluminium one that works a treat - different to the LR32 type one. Not affiliated in any way with them, but their gear seems very well engineered.

I must say - those FC tools pieces look fabulous - but at £140 for the router to track rail jig - that's 7 times more than the Katsu cost me. I suppose there is the option of an extended base plate for only £50, to run it against a rail, but I'm not sure how beneficial that would be.

Back