Any recommendations for external sliding glass doors ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
As the subject line, really. SWMBO is quite keen on having some of these. Been watching too much Grand Designs! :lol:

The ones I'm thinking of are with, say, three doors that slide across each other down to one door width.

Hi Roger, which did you go for in the end ?

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solarlux SL142 as these had the smallest cross-sectional frame which meant that even when the doors are shut, there is still maximum glass ergo light.

And the price was keen.

RogerS":2jjgn283 said:
Solarlux SL142...

And the price was keen.

Do you happen to know the U-value off the top of your head? Are they double or triple glazed?

Thanks

powerhand":3b0x1pyf said:
RogerS":3b0x1pyf said:
Solarlux SL142...

And the price was keen.

Do you happen to know the U-value off the top of your head? Are they double or triple glazed?

Thanks

Sorry..no idea. Double-glazed....IIRC the weight of triple glazed doors places a pretty heavy load on the mechanism....ergo very large frames which didn't appeal to us.

Catalogue turned up yesterday, let us know how you get on Roger.

RogerS":2guri46q said:
powerhand":2guri46q said:
RogerS":2guri46q said:
Solarlux SL142...

And the price was keen.

Thanks

Sorry..no idea. Double-glazed....IIRC the weight of triple glazed doors places a pretty heavy load on the mechanism....ergo very large frames which didn't appeal to us.

Thanks.

Well, Solarlux are determined to undermine the reputation for German efficiency. They took forever to confirm the order, forever to give a delivery date. The delivery date was down for this week. Then next week. Now the following week.

The cynic in me suggests that they won't fit the hole.

Sorry to hear that Roger. Thanks for the heads up. Let's hope it's a minor hiccup, can happen to the best companies sometimes, although personally I can forgive a lot more if at least communication is good. It doesn't take a lot in this day and age with email and not a good sign. When you're left in the dark doubt understandably creeps in. Hope it all works out for you.
Chris

I need to rein in the cynic in me ! They fitted perfectly.

We'd also looked at some made in the UK but pleasantly surprised to hear the fitter comment how much better made these ones are.

RogerS .. nice patio windows but I don't really understand why you take a photo of yourself naked reflected in them (your last pic there) and post it in this group...but maybe it's just me being unreasonable and having old fashioned views.

Strange indeed!

Nope. It's been done before

Ebay blunder (reflection).jpg

Attachments

• Ebay blunder (reflection).jpg
    Ebay blunder (reflection).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 440
dcmguy":3ax1hy5v said:
RogerS .. nice patio windows but I don't really understand why you take a photo of yourself naked reflected in them (your last pic there) and post it in this group...but maybe it's just me being unreasonable and having old fashioned views.

Strange indeed!

Oops.. :oops: As a lifelong naturist I have no issues at all with nudity. But there are prudes everywhere. Time LGBTQ became LGBTQ N !

I think a PM might have been a more reasonable approach.

Very nice Roger. I have to be honest though, if it were me, I'd have stripped back more of that outer wall, exposing more space into the garden. By taking that approach it would deliver a nice genital change from kitchen to garden :)

Latest posts

Back