Any coach nerds out there?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyQ

Established Member
Reaction score
My sister is recently widowed and is trying to dispose of assets. One is a 52 seater, double-rear-axle, manual coach ( they ran a limo business for years). He did all the vehicular trading, so she has no idea where to advertise it. Autotrader commercials doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas or forum suggestions would be welcome. Sam.

Sam, there are quite a few dealers (both buy/sell) and sites that come up under a Google search for “secondhand coach for sale”. A round robin e-mail to the dealers may be worth trying.

My heart goes out to her ... a daunting thing to have to deal with when starting from scratch let alone when having suffered a bereavement.

Assuming its modern not classic (in which case look up classic bus forums/clubs and ask there), it looks to be a bad time to be selling. All the coach holiday companies have idle vehicles, one in Coventry with 150 went into administration this week. No overseas business, little or no UK holiday business, no school trips, no conference business, airport arrivals 90% down in July, when did you last see a coach disgorging passengers? Daily school bus starting up again but that's about all. It could be that autotrader commercials are not the problem, if no one is buying no amount advertising will help.

SMMT data shows new single decker registrations down 93% in the first half of this year. I suppose one hope is that someone who cancels a new coach order but still needs a coach might lower their sights and buy an older one.

www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/bus-and-coach-registrations/

www.busandcoachbuyer.com might give you some ideas, a news tab and a 'find a vehicle' tab.

Some auction houses might deal in coaches.

I wish her well, but it's a very hard time for the industry.

Thanks BSW and Richard, good points; she is well aware of the size of the task. The firm had thousands invested in this for a specific angle in the trade before a lingering illness incapacitated her hubby and it never happened Three years on, scrap value is hard to swallow, but the white elephant has to go.
We live in strange times, be safe everyone.
Sam

Back