Any 3D CAD technicians in?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Having only recently got to grips with sketchup (and still not very good :oops: ) I was a little daunted when a colleague got called abroad and the boss asked if I wanted to go on his Solid Works 2010 course that was booked and payed for :?

The only bit of CAD I'd done before this week was very basic AutoCad. I've just done a 4 day "Essentials" course with Solid-Solutions and I am absolutely amazed :shock: The stuff I've been drawing today is amazing! I can't believe how powerful this program is. It even does stress analysis and hundreds of other extras like evaluating assemblies for errors once they've been pieced together.

I just hope I get chance to play with it at work now or I think I'll probably forget most of what I've learnt! :roll:

Good luck!

Id love to do a course in something like autocad, but cant justify it.
I couldn't see myself using it enough to warrant it.

The little autocad i have done, has all been virtually self taught. I dip in and out of it, once i have learned something new, iv'e forgotton it by the next time i try and use it. :oops:

I sometimes get drawings to fabricate things from which have been done on programmes such as solid works, but when it comes down too it, its not perfect, actually making it really irons out the problems!

Good luck with it - years ago I had some AutoCad and MOSS (Highway design 3D modelling) training but you have to keep up with it to remember all the processes.

Would not know where to start now! :D

Rod

Back