Another Grand Day Out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
condeesteso":2r1lxmia said:
I suspect lilac is about to go the way of the Maas, Corro-dip and the Record 043... if you have a tree in the garden it has just doubled in value :wink:
I did, but got rid of it down the dump...horrible stuff, rotten all the way through - Rob

Hi folks , sorry this is a bit late but been hectic just lately, as it is I'm laid up in bed at the moment wishing the GOUT :twisted: would leave me big toe alone :cry:

Was nice to meet up with you all 8)

A real pity the weather hampered me getting all the stuff out properly and caused the display to look so haphazard #-o

Sorry about the choice items some had taken a liking to, not being for sale :oops: :)

By the time we had packed it all away the majority of stuff had dried nicely , that is apart from the puddle on the canopy roof that had me good and proper :roll:

Did anyone get a picture of the set up as I forgot to do so myself #-o :roll: Hailstones down the back of ya neck do distract you somewhat :shock:

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy

It was a true pleasure to meet someone who is so committed to the preservation and collection of old and fascinating tools.

The social history that revolves around each and every one thus being recorded and passed on to our youth.

I can't recall seeing a day of such variation in weather..one minute being burned on the neck and the next concussed by hailstones. I really felt for you mate...so sad to set the stall up and all that this entails only to be awash the next minute with water.

I hope the toe recovers soon and that I will be seeing you again in more clement times with a little more time to chat...fascinating stuff indeed!

Cheers

Jim

And Hi Andy from me - like Jim said - it was a day when there was so much to look at, so many nice people to talk to - I keep thinking of subjects that there was just not time to fit in.

I didn't take any pictures, but Emma might have done.

You must let us know when your portable museum will be appearing again - especially if it's less than 150 miles away!

Sorry Andy - the closest photo Emma got was this one:

DSCN0698s.jpg

One of those weird and wonderful contraptions you had there appears to be a rare, 19th century "Bloke Magnate". As soon as you drew the curtains we were all irresistibly attracted. :)

Back