Another day or two and it'll all be over...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Why on earth are both main channels showing the world cup? Isn't one enough? Why do programme planners presume everyone is interested? I for one detest football and everything about it.
At least in a few days it'll be history. :D

:) Sorry, Toby, nothing on this earth could induce me to like it. It started a 7.00pm - I just thought I'd catch the half time score - it hasn't even kicked off yet. The football itself is boring enough without all the crepe that goes with it.

phil.p":1fcr986n said:
Why on earth are both main channels showing the world cup? Isn't one enough? Why do programme planners presume everyone is interested? I for one detest football and everything about it.
At least in a few days it'll be history. :D

I'm with you re-football. I see another official has been accused of fraud and now gone missing. Bent as a nine bob note, the lot of it.
The solution to both main channels showing the world cup is to get rid of the TV - we did about 4 years ago best thing we ever did.

Brian

wizard":3d4vtm03 said:
I always do phil there will be some flack coming my way now

Well I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you I couldn't agree more, f*** the BBC and all it stands for.
I'm with Phil on the football, boring boring boring.

Where there it money there's corruption, plus football it dull, I hated it at school and it was the only sport we did.

Pete

Baldhead":1kyex7f1 said:
For those not wanting to watch the footy, Germany won, Argentina came second. :lol:

Baldhead
I prefer "Argentina lost" , it's got a better ring to it. :D

You guys should try living in a hockey driven country. Bloody July and the lead sport stories were hockey. Lewis Hamilton could run down the rest of the field on foot and nobody here would ever get the story unless he could get traded to the Montreal canadians.

phil.p

At last someone else. I've led a 65yr life hating football and everyone and thing associated with it. I've been called names, been ostracised by workmates and others for just murmuring a comment as they all mindlessly discuss the weekends nothingness.

Now I just laugh at them all. England and the world cup seem to be merely the boasting of children.

Al

Back