Another 2 pieces.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braveheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes it's only me again! 2 bowls made in chestnut that have needed to be finish off for some time both have large inclusions and both have been filled in with Brass inlay.
This one is approx 210mm x 80 mm
woodturningforsale040-2.jpg

woodturningforsale010-1-1-1.jpg

This one also is approx 210mm x 80 mm
woodturningforsale061.jpg

woodturningforsale062.jpg

I can see that both these bowls have an excellent finish and allot of care has been taken over them.
I like the internal curve and rim detail but i feel that the bowl's would have benefited form a slightly larger but not so tall foot.

I agree. Both appear to be finished well (and I know from experience that chestnut can be a real pain with tear-out, although the grain can be stunning)
My first reaction to the top one is that the foot is too tall and a little narrow.
The foot on the second one also appears a little narrow.

If the bowls are to be used they might be a little unstable with those feet

Very nice again Terry :D
Lovely grain and finish.
I would agree about the size of feet,but depends what they will be used for.
Keep em coming :D

Two very nice bowls there :D As has been mentioned the feet look wrong,infact they appear to be your chuck mounts. I think I would be inclined to reverse mount these and completely remove the feet, doing so would leave two great bowls :D

JT

Many thanks to you all, both of these bowls have been made as ornaments for the supplier of the trees that the bowls have been made from. Bothie the finish very straight forward, sanding sealer, 2 coats followed light cut back with 0000 wire wool 2 coats of Melamine.

Back