...and now for the mitre saw stand...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a lightweight portable stand for my newly acquired LS0714 - the dewalt DE7023 looks just the job, if a little expensive - it is described as 'universal', fitting 'all dewalt and most competitors saws' - before I plunge I'd like to be sure it'll be compatible with my makita - does anyone know or have anything to add?

Thanks

Perry IMHO it is a fantastic stand and you will go a long way to find better.
I did a review on the Dewalt DW718 mitre saw which is on this very stand and although I do not mention the stand much, you will see that I do not entirely agree with Dewalts claim that it is lightweight, and as you will see nor does Mailee. But it does have a carrying handle in the centre and when folded up, if you use the handle it is very well balanced and easy to carry, which in a strange wat does make it feel much lighter (if that makes sense :oops: )

Heres the review:

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=21396

I know I own one and so bias, but I would not tell you it is excellent if it wasn't.

If you have any other questions or want to see any particular part in a picture just ask.

By the way I do not know how long/wide your saw is but Dewalt do sell extra long brackets for bigger saws.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Perry, I agree with everything Mike has stated above, it is a great piece of kit. I would also add that this is the only stand I could find that would extend far enough for me as most of them only extend to around 2mtrs. IMHO this stand is hard to beat. :wink:

I have one too but I would not suggest it as a useful workshop tool but great for sitework or outside. IMO the footprint is too big in the workshop.

It is well balanced and easy to carry, but the stand has to sit with the handle uppermost when folded (or it rocks on it). This means that it will sit on the flipstops which subsequently need resetting. The flipstops are the only major gripe that I have with the stand - there is too much flex in them, its very easy to move them even when locked down esp if using heavy timber. They are also only fixed by a central thumbscrew which allows the mechanism to twist. Neither of these movements is vast but if you are cutting large numbers of identical pieces for a frame etc, its possible to get quite a deviation over a batch.

On the whole though I think its a good stand and probably worth getting.

Cheers

tim

Nice to see a consensus of opinion!...

As I mentioned in my previous post I'm new to mitre sawing, having gotten by in the past with my bandsaw & circular saw, so what to look out for in things like a stand isn't immediately obvious, other than what is actually obvious! - I always try & get the best I can afford, like many people using this forum, but I am on a budget, er... like many people using this forum - the Axminster stand does look like very good value, and I have seen a Makita stand for around £70 inc vat - I'm just wondering whether I will appreciate the extra I have spent on the dewalt, or if I buy something cheaper will I be blissfully cheerful simply not working on the floor?

I ought to mention I imagine myself working mainly outdoors - my workshop is full & dedicated to carving wood - and the saw will be stored in a barn (10 miles away) along with the stand when not in use, hence the portablity/ foldability needs.

Oh yes, and I don't imagine I'll ever be cutting boards into exactly equal lengths, so I don't need anything with cutting edge accuracy

There are some 7023 stands on ebay at the moment, approx £96, buy it now, delivered, brand new in the box. Quite a saving over list price

Latest posts

Back