An afternoon not wallpapering

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Managed to get away from the decorating :cry: for an afternoon :lol:

The first is 10 inch dia. X 1 3/4 inch deep X 2.5mm thick Spalted Beech
DSCF1793.jpg
DSCF1794.jpg

DSCF1797.jpg
DSCF1806.jpg

The second is in Rippled Ash and is 6 inch square X 1 1/2 inch deep X 3mm thick
DSCF1799.jpg
DSCF1801.jpg

DSCF1804.jpg
DSCF1805.jpg

Both are sanded down to 800 grit then finished with foodsafe oil.

Malcolm

Good work on the thickness front Malcolm, especially on the spalted bowl, so easy to have a thinned area when finishing softer areas.

Did you work the rectangle as is or in the round and trim afterwards?

Hi Chas
The square bowl was worked "as is" it was a 6" square to start with, it was fun getting it that thin without knocking off any corners :lol: :lol:

Nice work there. I do like the square bowl. This process was demo'd by Eli Avisera at our club recently and I keep meaning to have a go.

Excellent work, especially the square one. Not easy to do in any wood but in spalted wood it is very hard to get this good a result.

Pete

Two lovely bowls Malc, made from two beautiful pieces of timber.

They`ll look great in your living room when it`s finished =D> , how did you manage to sneak past the foreman, into the shed for a whole afternoon. 8-[ :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the comments everyone.
JT yes I still have all my fingers :lol: :lol:
The only damage I have sustained in the last week was when sanding the skirting board I caught my fingernail on a screw holding a vent to the floor and ripped off part of it. #-o #-o :-({|=

Malcolm

Steve

Yes it was done from the outer edge in towards the middle in small stages.

Just finishe the wallpapering. Still got the finishing toutches to do (Tomorrow) :) :) .

Malcolm

Smashing stuff their Malcolm!

I have to say i admire the skill in turning a square like that. I know from bitter experience to get a nice even thickness and keeping the corners sharp takes some doing!

And you've finished wallpapering already! You won't know what to do with yourself now..... :p

Back