Amazingly.......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Trev

Their all packing little overnight bags for the show tomorrow.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Im going nowhere :cry: £400 to get the van past the MOT :cry:

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats where a lot of us were Trevor, excellent day out with a great gathering at 'Terrys' no wonder nobody was active here, got in a diversion via Martock on return journey to find Yandles had a 20% discount on all wood, good job the back seats folded down.

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I did realise that's where a lot of you were, Chas, hence my post! Glad you had a good day.

I did, in fact, acquire, some two months ago, tickets for Thursday & Friday. First hiccup was when I contacted a certain hotel and the rather pompous-sounding proprietor, not having any single rooms available, declined to accept a reservation for single occupancy of a double room "in case a couple came along later and wanted it" (probably worried about missing out on the sale of the extra dinner!) but suggested I might 'phone the night before I wanted to stay to see if he still had a vacancy, in which case he could give me a room! I do hope he still has some vacancies - and I would rather take my tent than stay at his place.

So I gave away my Friday ticket but retained the Preview Day one, just in case. Considered staying over for a couple of nights at a hotel with a good bar in Exeter but, later reflecting on the cost of a stopover trip - probably a couple of hundred before handing any folding stuff over at the show - I decided to supplement my tools budget for future needs instead. Sorry to have missed you all.

Cheers,

Trev.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
A pity you missed it Trevor but I understand your extra distance problems, it is under a 2 hr run for us.

Hotels in the area are a sore point for us as well, we regularly now stay overnight in a Holiday Inn Express near Bonn to break our German trips.

It costs us Euro € 44 (£31) for a room and a very full breakfast. The same package in Exeter/Taunton area is £69 !!! Talk about rip-off Britain.

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Shame. :twisted:
Still, 'spect you all had a good evening in the bar. :wink:
Might catch up with y'all next year. :)

Cheers,

Trev.