Alternative paint supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradshaw Joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently been having problems with some Morrells products, I've tries a few other companies, none of whom I've been impressed with, is anyone on here using a supplier they are really happy with?

I've found and several posts Ive seen elsewhere seem to indicate that most paints seem to be getting worse. This may be due to the changes in chemistry forced by regulations. The two main problems I've noted are that paint is harder to lay-off so finish is poorer, which may need a change in technique, and many finishes stay "sticky" longer, by which I mean they are touch dry, but where touching, like cupboard doors or windows and frames, the paint will carry on sticking to other parts for days and days. The last paints I've used which were disappointing were F&B, Dulux, and Sadolin, the ones which seemed okay were Leyland and Sikkens. Though I'm not comparing like for like.

Hi Guys thanks for the replies. i used sayerlack years ago and it was brilliant stuff. I then lost my supplier so i changed, and have been to a few different brands. Renner is really good internal paint, but buying through symphony coatings is a challenge. the last order took nearly a month to arrive and was very expensive. I will try movac for a price, there coventry branch isn't very far from me. I have a nice little radiator cover project to try them out on!

I will report back with my findings.

Back