Alf Sharp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought some Kreg stuff, as a result of which I get a regular E-mail newsletter called "Fix this Build that". Some of the stuff there would, I'm sure, give the experienced members here the screaming hab-dabs, but I find some of the stuff interesting. Anyway .........

But just starting now, and scheduled to run for 2 more video episodes, is an interview with an American fine furniture maker called Alf Sharp. I'd not heard of him before but that doesn't say a lot - fine furniture is not my world - but I found the interview and shots of some of his finished work, and of him actually working fascinating, and much "quieter and lower-paced" than so much US "razz-ma-tazz".

So if anyone else wants to try it, here's the link:

http://fixthisbuildthat.com/journey-of- ... -182633433

Hope it's interesting to others too.

AES

Nice video / profile. Thanks for sharing.

Couldn’t help mentally contrast this guy’s approach to workshop order / dust control and the other ‘go-to’ YT Powermatic advocate, the wood-whisperer!

Yeah, I must say I couldn't work in a shop like that, AND the dust! But OTOH, although that finished table shown was a bit over-ornate for my personal taste, I'd give my eye teeth (and need 100 years) to be able to turn out stuff of anything like that quality.

Glad you liked it.

AES

Very nice AES. Really enjoyed that mate. I’d definitely prefer to watch and listen to Alf than TWW. Seems like a genuinely likeable guy with an interesting story. Loved the way his shop was super messy and packed to the rafters as well! Good man!!

Latest posts

Back