Aldi Wet and Dry Vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip Pete - and it's reassuring that I'm not the only one who can't remember which budget supermarket is which! ;-)

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I have them delivered to the same folder in my Email so that's probably the reason. :-"

Pete

I also have one of these a few years old - still humming along, I'd definitely recommend it if anyone's in the market for one.

The "auto on" when you power up an attached tool is really good and responsive, shutting down and starting within moments.

Mine is about a year old now; I bought it to replace the expensive house vacuum, at only a quarter of the price, has just as much suck. This time around I think i'll have one for the workshop. Definitely a good bit of kit.

Oz

iNewbie":3np6tjru said:
Are spare filters available through Lidl, too?

The manual suggests that you can get replacement filters and accessories from a service centre, for which they provide a phone number and email address.

I've not tried it myself 'cause I taped one of the bags from my regular dust extractor over the top of the internal pleated filter to gain extra fine-dust protection, and as a result the pleated filter is pretty clean many months later.

Just google "wet and dry filter" you'll get lots of hits, I found a few that looked exactly like mine (didn't check size though) and some that were washable too.

I like the idea of a pre-filter bag, maybe any cloth sufficiently fine would be enough with a drawstring to help, the bags I get with powertools don't seem to be anything special, and get a lot of the fine stuff. I tend to give my paper filter a good blast out with compressor every 2 or 3 uses to prolong it's life (and reduce strain on the vac).

edit: Just found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lidl-Park...031&pid=100016&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=310345717168&

says for lidl / parkside

Hi rafezetter

I will check the size tonight it its right that's a good spot, mind you my original one is still going strong!

And its today chaps!!!

Pete

Back