Aishield Mod

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Having lived with an Airshield for several months now, I found that the flexible material that fits around the chin was rapidly disintegrating, so I did the following mod as shown in the sequence of pics:

DSCF1919.jpg

The first pic shows the material with lots of cracks where it is fitted under the users chin

DSCF1920-1.jpg

I decided to fix this by getting one of SWIMBO'S old leather shoulder bags and recycling it.....so here you can see I've cut out two crescent shaped pieces of soft leather to go either side of the cracked material

DSCF1921.jpg

The first piece is glued into place with some contact adhesive and the second is glued in place afterwards. Both pieces can be trimmed to fit the user so that the eventual result, once the Airshield is reassembled :roll: is the final pic

DSCF1922.jpg

In use the completed mod makes a much tighter fit around the face though it is a little more awkward to put on, but I think a worthwhile mod all the same. If Trend are reading this then I wouldn't have minded paying a few extra quid for a leather fitting as an original part of the Airshield - Rob

Well done Woodbloke :D
As mine is doing the same thing and I think tomorrow I will be doing the same thing :wink:

Great idea mines doing the same! but how about just cutting out the full shape as in pic one and replacing the lot in leather, I haven't got mine at hand at the mo' to see if that would work?

Lee

seaco":3iuapylw said:
Great idea mines doing the same! but how about just cutting out the full shape as in pic one and replacing the lot in leather, I haven't got mine at hand at the mo' to see if that would work?

Lee
Just need a few bits of fuzzy velcro glued on to attach it at the top.

seaco wrote:
how about just cutting out the full shape

I would have done that but I didn't have quite enough leather, so may well do that at some time in the future - Maybe get a largish piece of chamois leather from Halfords and make one up - will have to see how this one wears first of all - Rob

Latest posts

Back