Airline Connectors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Help !!!

Recently acquired a Wolf 25L air compressor and associated bits bundled with it, for general use around the workshop including cleaning off kit (sawdust and shavings) but mainly for use of an 18g brad nailer/crown stapler.

Problem is that the compressor and airline and other bits came with 1/4" bsp uni fittings including a female uni connector on the end of the hose, and I want to order an Axminster nailer which has a male pcl connector on it.

No problem I thought, should be easy to get a connector to adapt the nailer to the hose fitting, but 20 minutes later having examined what Axminster and Screwfix sell I'm totally confused ! Can't figure out what I need but suspect it's really easy and I have just managed to get myself a bit confused :oops:

If anybody is a bit more familiar with this stuff and can give any advice it might save what is left of my sanity ! :shock: :D

Cheers, Paul.

Paul
Do you have a "Machine Mart" nearby? They have all the various bits you need-and the sales guys will be happy to show you the ropes.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Unfortunately no MM near here Philly, but just remembered there is a new Screwfix Trade Counter opened up in Reading recently so perhaps I will pay that a visit later on today and pick up the bits you suggested Marky.

What was it made you go with the pcl fittings instead though ?

Cheers, Paul.

No particular reason, Just always used PCL when I have used air tools. I wouldnt imagine that there is any real upside at all.

Just personal preference.

Marky

The main upside of the PCL Airflow connector is that it has been almost universal in UK garages since the 1950s, so many motor factors, car spray materials shops, etc will be able to supply the fittings, or compatible ones. Draper sell packs od PCL Airflow-compatible fittings (available next day through many ironmongers) as do Sealey and SIP. In fact almost everyone who sells air tools or spray guns carries these. For heavy air tool use where you require a large flow, the PCL connector is slightly restrictive of airflow and another type such as the Schrader or CEJN 320 should be chosen. CEJN 320-compatible connectors are even made by PCL as the "XF" range.

Scrit

Back