Advice please on Trend Airsheild

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdustjon

Established Member
Reaction score
I have seen some advertisements for a full face respirator, the Trend airsheild pro. I am considering whether to buy one. The problem at the moment is the price, are they as good as the advertisements claim? Can any one give me some feedback as to their worth. Also are they heavy to wear over a period of time. I know that you shouldn't put a price on your health, but I would like to invest in something that works as it should.
Thanks!
john

I`m just a hobbyist, but I get along fine with mine. It does its job very efficiently, allowing you to breathe cool, fresh air in the midst of a cloud of woody dust. I did find it a bit on the heavy side when I first got it, but I got used to it quite quickly and don`t really find it a problem now. I use mine mainly for wood turning, so I`m not generally moving around a lot while wearing it. If you are doing something which involves leaning forward, bending over etc. its weight does tend to make tip forward, so you have to adjust it from time to time.
I haven`t used any other brands, so can`t say how it compares.
If you can get to one of the shows, trend usually have a stand where you could try it out, and maybe get a special show deal.

Ian

John!

These respirators are excellent I purchased one at the beginning of the new year.
On receiving it i was asked to fill in the warranty card and was asked to give my comments on the product, the only fault
I could find was that I found it rather heavy and cumbersome and could not wear it for very long. I never thought anymore of the matter until I received a call from trend saying that they were sorry I was finding the airshield uncomfortable, and they would give me a full refund, not only that they said there was an older much lighter one but it was not in production, but said would keep an eye open if they could find a display model.

I did return the airshield and got a full refund. True to their word Trend sent me this ex display model free of charge even paid the postage. How's that for customer service?

As I said the new trend worked well if you can put up with the weight go for it. You may have a higher tollerence than me.

Harry.

The new much lighter mask is much more comfortable.

Take a look at the JSP Powercap Lite.

I tried both and found the JSP more comfortable and better balanced.

It doesn't have a lift-up visor like the Trend though but I don't find that an inconvenience.

Back