Advice on new saws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read loads on the subject, but finally I've decided that whilst I don't have the space for a crosscut saw with a sliding table, I can just about squeeze in a rip saw and a radial arm saw. My mates Mel, Jason and Big Dunk - who are all really knowledgeable on the subject - have recommended that I would get better value by buying cast iron machinery as there are some excellent bargains to be had out there. Mel has even put me onto a crosscut saw which is completely portable which just leaves me to ask if anyone knows whether or not the SIP mobility kit will fit my table saw and I think I've found a super table saw on eBay:

Here's the crosscut saw and here's the table saw

What do you think? Will they be suitable for me to make my dolls' houses or do you think I should be looking for something else?

D. Dan

I read your post about 3 times before clicking the links. I just couldn't understand why the legendary Scrit (who I was sure had a mammoth panel saw.... :shock:) suddenly had to downsize.

Then I click the links and all becomes apparent. I think I would just about be able to 'park' that cross-cut saw in my garage, I mean workshop... assuming I removed everything else ofcourse.

Davy

Scrit,

I have no idea about your dollhouses but you can build one for me. I'll give you the delivery address. I just have to clear the land JIT before you arrive. :lol:

I don't know how you have the patience to build dolls houses, all those fiddly bits. :lol:

Now there is a man that must eat 4 shredded wheat every morning for those to be portable :shock: :D

Nice one Scrit, had me a little confused too ( some might say that is not hard, before some one else does ) :wink:

Nice to know I was not alone - nice post.

I reckon though that those pics were taken before the HSE told us all how to lift something without straining our backs.

Andy

I think they would be ideal.

Do you also get the boiler suit and snazzy haircut as an option.

:lol:

Marky

Hi Scrit,

Welcome to the forum, don't mean to be rude but there are loads of existing threads on chosing table and radial arm saws so I am sure doing a search would have got you all the info you needed on what to buy.

Have a look here quite.

http://www.shavings.net/anti_faq.htm

A lot to plough through but you should find what you want.

Best of luck

M Mouse

Dear M Mouse

Thank you for your excellent advice, I've found No.28 (How do I get rid of cat urine stains?) and No. 50 (What is a Troll?) most informative.

D. Dan

PS Having read no.50 does that make this a Troll?

and i thought you were down sizing scrit, you probably need a 10feet deep
concrete floor to handle those machines, and could you walk around manchester these days wearing such a coat :lol: :lol:

actually i understand that you want a large enough outfeed table to allow the construction of those heavy dolls houses you are making. :twisted: :roll:

paul :wink:

Scrit":1oq60hxd said:
Dear M Mouse

Thank you for your excellent advice, I've found No.28 (How do I get rid of cat urine stains?) and No. 50 (What is a Troll?) most informative.

D. Dan

PS Having read no.50 does that make this a Troll?

I sense you are being frivolous here, that has no place on a forum like this.

Nice one scrit :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

I had to check my calender, thought I had fallen asleep and woke up on

April 1st :D :D

Les

Back