Advice needed on bathroom woodwork

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bremner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently completed some wood paneling at a clients house and they are that happy with it they have asked me to do the same in their bathroom.
I've used standard 18mm MDF and 3mm hardboard but I'm a little concerned about the materials in the bathroom. I'm going to use moisture resistant MDF but I can seem to find any kind of 3mm thick sheet material that is moisture resistant, has anybody tackled this problem before and have any advice?

I've attached a couple of pictures of what I've done in their hallway so you have an idea of what I'm talking about.

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

There are others on here whom do this sort of work quite often, while you's waiting,--
All I could find was 6mm medite mr, which is recommended for bathrooms @£11.95, third item down on the link.
Could you make that work?
Regards Rodders

http://catalogue.chilterntimber.co.uk/c ... tml?page=2

PS, Forgot to say what a cracking job you are doing there, IT'll look the Dogs Danglies when its painted!

You can obtain oil tempered hardboard (3.2mm thick) which is moisture resistant. I've only used it for flooring (underlay) but it might suit your application.

Although if you can upgrade to 6mm then you'll have a bit more choice. A small compromise perhaps for easier choice and better resilience in damp and humid conditions.

Nice panelling by the way

Latest posts

Back