Advice for folding table... please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keefaz

Established Member
Reaction score
The missus has requested the construction of a folding table for displaying her wares at craft fairs, markets and the like. In the future I'd like to do a proper job, but short term I need something I can knock up really quickly (ideally, by this weekend).

For the top, I plan on using a sheet of thick-ish ply or chipboard, but what's the best way to create some simple folding legs? I had a vague idea of simply knocking together a couple of saw horse type affairs and sticking the top on possibly held down with pegs or some recessed bolts or something. In an ideal world I'd be able to transport the lot (top and legs) in the back of a Nissan Micra!

Any ideas, chaps?

Quick and easy - have a look at a pasting table (for wallpapering)
And either use the design,or buy a table :wink:

Andrew

Alternatively why not a table top on two leg sets made from elements like these?:

Leg.jpg

You need two pieces per support end and they slot into each other.

I used to make these in chipboard with round tops to do those "handkerchief" side tables so popular 20 years ago. It used to take me all of about 6 to 8 minutes a piece, including a bull-nosed "safety" edge.

Scrit

Latest posts

Back