Quantcast

accounts software

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

mickthetree

Established Member
Reaction score
To date I have run all of my accounts through excel for my web development business. This has been ok, but I manually create a new invoice each time in word (albeit in a template). I also have everything in my head so someone else cannot do my accounts for me easily.

Its easy to miss someone who hasn't paid. I also cannot see at a glance my figures.

Does anyone use any of the free / cheaper accounts packages? Sage instant, quickbooks etc.

Plan is to get the wife to do my accounts so I have to get something better in place.

Cheers

Jamesc

Established Member
Reaction score
I use SliQTools from http://www.sliqtools.co.uk/. This is produced by a small UK based software house (I would guess semi professional). At £34.00 it does what you want without having to wade through page after page of accountancy tools that are irrelevant to anyone without an accountancy background.

I have found the package does everything I could ask of it and on one occasion when I found that it didn't I corresponded with the authors who not only incorporated what I nnneeded but gaveme a discount for giving them the feedback.

I have no connection whatsoever with the company other than a very happy customer who would like to see a UK company that is trying hard succeed.

James

Dibs-h

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Mick

I use Sage Instant Accounts and dead easy. At the end of the year I print off the B\S & P\L and plug the numbers into my accounts templates & voila abbreviated and full accounts ready for filing. Admittedly my accounts are dead straight forward.

Sage for an extra £100 or something - you get telephone support, which covers accounting issues not just technical problems.

HIH

Dibs

p.s. I suspect Sage would give you an Aged Debt Report (that's the techno babble) showing you who, when it was due along with how much at the press of a few buttons.

mickthetree

Established Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for your responses guys. I'll take a look at these over the weekend. The similar topics bit at the bottom brought up a similar post not so long ago so I'll look through those as well.

Cheers

superunknown

Established Member
Reaction score
Jamesc":3u405ohr said:
I use SliQTools from http://www.sliqtools.co.uk/. This is produced by a small UK based software house (I would guess semi professional). At £34.00 it does what you want without having to wade through page after page of accountancy tools that are irrelevant to anyone without an accountancy background.

I have found the package does everything I could ask of it and on one occasion when I found that it didn't I corresponded with the authors who not only incorporated what I nnneeded but gaveme a discount for giving them the feedback.

I have no connection whatsoever with the company other than a very happy customer who would like to see a UK company that is trying hard succeed.

James
I am just looking at the trial version of this to manage my invoices and quotes, so far I am impressed! Looks like it could be a keeper at the end of the 30 day trial! Thank you for posting the info. :)

Losos

Established Member
Reaction score
Jamesc":yw9echul said:

James
I am considering an accounting package also, and will have a look at this one, thanks for mentioning it on here.

RobinBHM

Established Member
Reaction score
We use Sage instant accounts which is excellent. However it is basically sage line 50 and therefore is a full double entry bookeeping system with sales / purchase / nominal ledgers. We used to use Quickbooks which is American and not particularly familiar to UK bookeeping methods.

My sife uses SLIQ invoicing for billing piano lessons, -it is an excellent easy to understand programme.

Robin

Latest posts