accounts software

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickthetree

Established Member
Reaction score
To date I have run all of my accounts through excel for my web development business. This has been ok, but I manually create a new invoice each time in word (albeit in a template). I also have everything in my head so someone else cannot do my accounts for me easily.

Its easy to miss someone who hasn't paid. I also cannot see at a glance my figures.

Does anyone use any of the free / cheaper accounts packages? Sage instant, quickbooks etc.

Plan is to get the wife to do my accounts so I have to get something better in place.

Cheers

I use SliQTools from http://www.sliqtools.co.uk/. This is produced by a small UK based software house (I would guess semi professional). At £34.00 it does what you want without having to wade through page after page of accountancy tools that are irrelevant to anyone without an accountancy background.

I have found the package does everything I could ask of it and on one occasion when I found that it didn't I corresponded with the authors who not only incorporated what I nnneeded but gaveme a discount for giving them the feedback.

I have no connection whatsoever with the company other than a very happy customer who would like to see a UK company that is trying hard succeed.

James

Hi Mick

I use Sage Instant Accounts and dead easy. At the end of the year I print off the B\S & P\L and plug the numbers into my accounts templates & voila abbreviated and full accounts ready for filing. Admittedly my accounts are dead straight forward.

Sage for an extra £100 or something - you get telephone support, which covers accounting issues not just technical problems.

HIH

Dibs

p.s. I suspect Sage would give you an Aged Debt Report (that's the techno babble) showing you who, when it was due along with how much at the press of a few buttons.

Many thanks for your responses guys. I'll take a look at these over the weekend. The similar topics bit at the bottom brought up a similar post not so long ago so I'll look through those as well.

Cheers

Jamesc":3u405ohr said:
I use SliQTools from http://www.sliqtools.co.uk/. This is produced by a small UK based software house (I would guess semi professional). At £34.00 it does what you want without having to wade through page after page of accountancy tools that are irrelevant to anyone without an accountancy background.

I have found the package does everything I could ask of it and on one occasion when I found that it didn't I corresponded with the authors who not only incorporated what I nnneeded but gaveme a discount for giving them the feedback.

I have no connection whatsoever with the company other than a very happy customer who would like to see a UK company that is trying hard succeed.

James

I am just looking at the trial version of this to manage my invoices and quotes, so far I am impressed! Looks like it could be a keeper at the end of the 30 day trial! Thank you for posting the info. :)

Jamesc":yw9echul said:

James
I am considering an accounting package also, and will have a look at this one, thanks for mentioning it on here.

We use Sage instant accounts which is excellent. However it is basically sage line 50 and therefore is a full double entry bookeeping system with sales / purchase / nominal ledgers. We used to use Quickbooks which is American and not particularly familiar to UK bookeeping methods.

My sife uses SLIQ invoicing for billing piano lessons, -it is an excellent easy to understand programme.

Robin

Back