A whole load of hardwood just sitting there going Cheap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluezephyr

Established Member
Reaction score
I was talking with someone today, He was telling me there is a place that wants shot of quite a bit of hardwood for stupid money, Oak, Cherry, Beech and others in various sizes and lengths.
900mm by 2 meter lenghts of Oak and about 3inch thick :shock:

The chap bought 6 lengths about 5' of 6inch square Beech for a pound a peice :shock: :shock:
Alot of it is under tarpaulins and needs drying out, Some is in an old container which used to be a drying kiln.

I dont know what to, A fistfull of dollars and a big lorry could make it a done deal, Just where to put it all. I dont work with hardwoods but a shame to know about it and not do anything.

Where in the UK is this??? :shock: I could do with some beech for my workbench, bet it's nowhere near me though. :(

Its in norfolk.

I was told about all the wood a while back but didnt realise it was available job lot, I only asked today as someone i know was asking about a Beech kitchen worktop.

If you do take it, I'll be interested in some of the 3inch stuff. Any lengths. Any species.

I'd be interested too :)

Dave

(Didn't realise quite how many of us there are in this part of the world!)

again, if you guys go in together, then I will join in and come pick up in a couple of months. Anything 3 inches or more of any length (for turning).

Ive Pm'd Escudo.

Hope this is ok Tony, With people power you might all be able to get a good deal, transport, storage and all go in for a good price.
I happy to pass the info on and hope you all get something out of it., If theres any pine in there you dont want give me a shout :lol:

Count me in!

Just a few details would be handy............Is it really a truck-load? Whereabouts is it, and what has he really got? If it is just a trailerful I could persuade a friend to help out. At a push I could possibly get hold of a builder's truck......bit of a long-shot though.

I don't suppose there is any ash amongst the booty?

Mike

I think we should all meet at the Cat, and arm wrestle for it?

Me 6ft 3", 240lb, mean and nasty with tatts and no hair.

Sounds good to me, and don't put yourself down.. with the wig and nail varnish you'd never know :)

Alan

Escudo":1mdp9fqt said:
It is like a feeding frenzy. Tee hee. :lol:

All good fun, T

Count me in as well. Have a long wheelbase Movano van which can carry quite a bit if it has to :lol:

Mark.

Escudo":3dkgdqyc said:
It is like a feeding frenzy. Tee hee. :lol:

All good fun, T

The Cat?

Back