A thank you to Steve Maskery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aideym

Established Member
Reaction score
An age ago I promised to buy myself some DVD's on the machinations and black arts of table sawing, a subject I appeared to be losing at. I took delivery on a nice Record Power table saw, then paid a million pounds to get the workshop wired up by someone who knew what they were doing. I then had to have some more surgery and a period of convalescence and my workshop became a dust filled lair which became the place to avoid.

After getting paid at the weekend, I ordered the above-mentioned DVD's and they arrived today. I watched them both this afternoon and aside from learning some really good stuff and actually for once understanding why I needed to learn this stuff, I am now so enthused about getting back in the 'shop and trying it out.
Thank you Steve, I might just be cured.

Steve,
I also want to add my thanks and appreciation for the Bandsaw DVD set that I ordered from you and have consequently arrived here Down Under in good nick and "on time". So far I've only had time to watch one of them, and I'm really looking forward to getting into the rest of them ASAP.
From what I've seen so far Steve, you have done a fantastic job both with your knowledge and abilities and that's to say nothing of your friendly and engaging on screen presence and persona.
Keep up the great work Steve........., as if you need any encouragement from the likes of myself. :roll:

All the best,
Bob

aideym":1pljymvg said:
I then had to have some more surgery and a period of convalescence

Blimey! I misread that to start with and thought that it was an ironic comment on the use of tablesaws before taking the neccessary advice! :shock:

Tony Spear":1yg8o2ue said:
aideym":1yg8o2ue said:
I then had to have some more surgery and a period of convalescence

Blimey! I misread that to start with and thought that it was an ironic comment on the use of tablesaws before taking the neccessary advice! :shock:

No nothing like that. I got splattered by a car riding home from work 18 months ago and have been on the road to recovery since

I too have majorly benefitted from the bandsaw collection of DVDs and have also used the techniques to train the technician at work which has been very helpful.

I will get round to building the ultimate tenon jig someday soon I promise. :D

I'd just like to say Thank You for all the kind comments, both here on the forum and by PM/email. It's very heartwarming to know that what I have produced is so helpful to others. This isn't a money-making exercise (I wish!), so there has to be a more basic reason for continuing to make these sorts of films.
I haven't filmed anything for over 2 years. Some of will know that I lost my workshop and life went pear-shaped, but I'm happy to report that now, after a very difficult few years, I'm in the process of buying my own house again, where there is room to build a nice big workshop. It's not going to happen overnight, but I hope to have new films made by the end of next year.
Thank you all for your kind words.
S

I am so pleased everything is working out for you Steve. As someone who has had to start from the beginning twice myself I know the mountain you have to climb to get back up again, so good on you. I look forward to seeing the rest of the DVD's and saving up for the complete collection. Even though I have been blighted with 12 hour shifts over the last week I have still managed to set my saw up correctly, which made me very happy and build a temporary short fence, which works a treat. I also took the opportunity to purchase some perspex to make a decent blade guard. Inspirational!

Steve mate...I baulked at the idea of paying for your DVDs as I have just retired and am not as 'flush' as I used to be... :D

Anyway, I'd just like to add my best regards to you and to thank you for some very well made films full of useful and practical information.

To all woodworkers: If you haven't got Steves DVDs then get them...immediately! They are worth twice what you will pay for them.

Get them for Christmas.... :mrgreen:
Cheers

Steve, so pleased to hear that your corner has been/is being turned and I'm really looking forward to learning about "Routering"(?) from a new Maskery DVD asap.

Like the last post, I can only strongly recommend that anyone who has not been properly/formally taught/trained to use tools such as bandsaws and tablesaws buys your DVDs - worth every penny and a LOT more. Power to your elbow Sir!

Krgds
AES

I've just bought the remaining DVD's to complete my set and I have to echo the sentiments of the previous poster. Without doubt the best money I have spent and maybe they should have compulsory prior to purchasing the shop equipment.
I now have my band saw and table saw set up and working well, I have two Maskery jigs built and two more work in progress. If that wasn't enough, as the processes are explained rather than just demonstrated I feel more confident in how I approach my work.
If there is a router DVD in the offing I will be at the front of the queue to buy it.

Right I have a band saw fence to design as mine is possibly more pants than a floor of matalan.

Back