A smoking ban?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true, the same thing does happen in the private sector. Maybe not universally, but certainly goes on.
This is why I like to work for small companies, the phrase "Boss we are about to waist your money" grabs attention , it all goes wrong when departments get big enough to be their own little kingdoms.

I wish more of you would "drag it back" to the original subject.
You have a point, I had to go back to see what it was.

I think it's working, it's a slow change, people will always find bad habits, but a lot less people smoke now than when I was younger, I have no idea when or if it will die out completely but this latest change is another step towards eradication. I remember working in a restaurant when smoking was allowed, it used to get pretty foggy by the end of the evening. Things I don't miss

There are so many different ways to calculate the cost against tax argument I doubt if there is a definitive answer but people living healthier lives sounds like a good thing to me.

Just hope the next thing isn't my alcohol - half way through taking a month sober and not finding it easy, hence the need to do it once or twice a year

Maybe it’s time we made it possible for the elements of the public sector that grossly underperform to go bust.Not sure how it could be done,but the prospect might focus a few minds.
All of us had to pay billions to prop up the Banks a few years ago. I’d rather put that money into hospital schools and libraries but we didn’t have a choice.

All of us had to pay billions to prop up the Banks a few years ago. I’d rather put that money into hospital schools and libraries but we didn’t have a choice.
I understand that Gordon Brown's initial reaction was to let the banks go bust.Then he found out just how stupid they had been and realised the consequences of losing so much money,bailing them out did a bit less harm.My point is that any function that is only carried out by either the public sector or the private sector has no point of reference for it's performance and a mixture of both should provide indicators.On the topic of smoking,I can understand why it is slowly being legislated away but do have concerns about the ramifications for individual freedom.What next?

I understand that Gordon Brown's initial reaction was to let the banks go bust.Then he found out just how stupid they had been and realised the consequences of losing so much money,bailing them out did a bit less harm.My point is that any function that is only carried out by either the public sector or the private sector has no point of reference for it's performance and a mixture of both should provide indicators.On the topic of smoking,I can understand why it is slowly being legislated away but do have concerns about the ramifications for individual freedom.What next?
The motor car perhaps?

Latest posts

Back