A smile in the hospital

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
This morning I had an outpatients appointment at my local eye department. All is well.

Whilst waiting to see the consultant, a young woman came in with her parents. All three were gigantic, not very clean and, my guess is, not very well educated. I sound very snobbish, don't I? Well perhaps I am, but that was the picture anyway. Workzone rather than Lie-Neilsen.

This young lady was loud, the whole waiting area could hear her and she proceeded to read the titles of various photographs of eye conditions that were hung on the waiting room wall.

She went along the row one at a time:
Glaucoma
Uveitis (which she pronounced "Uneven")
Cornea Graft Rejection ("Cornea Graft Erection")
V
Several of us tried hard not to snigger.
V
a couple more
V
V
"Mr Maskery, please"
V

I got up and moved toward the consulting room, to hear, behind me, the young lady reach Macular Degeneration.

I heard "Masculine Ejac ----" just as I closed the door behind me.

I jest not.
S

Well at least we know now why she was at the hospital. She certainly had something wrong with her eye sight! :lol:

Roy.

Sounds like she had something else on
her mind too, mebbe's she should have
gone to an obstri, obsrit, obistr, fiddly bit doctor. :lol:

Digit":3p4sm8tb said:
Well at least we know now why she was at the hospital. She certainly had something wrong with her eye sight! :lol:

Roy.

Here we go again,you know there`s someone for everyone out there,you just have to be able to see them...the Parents were only looking out for themselves.Do not want her for the rest of her life underfoot.

Digit":3tx8yiq6 said:
And she'll be allowed to breed as well! :lol:

Roy.

Roy,
I am in total agreement. I taught in a "Tech School" here in OZ and one statement by a parent made me smile. "My kid goes to this school 'cause he's not a great thinker but he's good with his hands."

As not one trade teacher had made even the faintest congratulatory comment on his trade skills, I did wonder just what his hands were good at.

Jerry

Back