A segmented eye bowl pattern

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fit a 1.5mm plywood base to the dish this morning.
Dsc00278.jpg
Dsc00279.jpg

I also rounded over the top of the new bowl where it'd been cut off from the remainder which necessitated re-oiling so the wax has yet yet to come but at last I'm feeling quite chuffed about what I'm accomplished. :)
Dsc00292.jpg
Dsc00294.jpg

The wife is over the moon too (I don't think my sister could get if off her if she tried now) and plans to visit a florist tomorrow to investigate silk flowers etc.

Attachments

• Dsc00278.jpg
    Dsc00278.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 545
  • Dsc00279.jpg
    Dsc00279.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 545
  • Dsc00292.jpg
    Dsc00292.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 545
  • Dsc00294.jpg
    Dsc00294.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 545
Hi scrollerman, thanks for the kind comments and I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. There have been a couple of problems I didn't quite grasp the importance off but that's the thing isn't it... the next one can only be better. :)

I think the modification makes the proportions better and both items work well.

Good work.

I fully agree with everything Scrollerman said and like Marcros I think that the finished item is better than the original idea.
I look forward to your next project.

marcros":2kuazm7m said:
I think the modification makes the proportions better and both items work well.

Good work.

I agree marcros and Col gets 2 really good finished products from the original which is an absolute bonus !

Can't really add to what's already been said. Superb work and splitting it into the bowl and dish really work well together. Looking forward to seeing your next project. =D>

P.S.
Don't let your wife hide that wonderful inside bowl detail by filling it with flowers!!!!

Col.
The finished items look great !
I say 'items' because they really do look more pleasing to the eye than the original single design piece.
What a nice result for all your hard work. =D> =D>

Looking forward to your next project.

Looks fantastic -- my fist attempt at a Swag Bowl ended in the bin with lots of unrepeatable words.

You should be proud of it ---- love it!

John

I've got to ask this Col.....Did your big sis like this bowl present you gave her and does she even realise how much love and affection you put into making it ?

Back