A present for an electrcian

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
My BIL is an electrcian and I'd like to get him a little tool or something. Nothing overly expensive like a key hole camera. But I thought you guys might know the top little tool that makes life as a sparky better? I've seen most of his kit so know what he has already in the way of toys.

Thanks in advance!

How about a new set of "fishing rods"? Every sparky I've ever seen leaves them in walls/ floor voids and never has a full set!

Thanks for these, like the head torch idea, but he is more the sort of person who would fiddle about in the dark for 4 days than be seen wearing a torch!

A good quality voltage stick, wouldn`t be without mine.

Though I do have an annoying habit of regularly losing them #-o

Regards.

dj.

Hi.

I can`t post a link but if you look at city electrical site they have a section on christmas gift ideas & a tool section, plenty of gear there I`d like.

Regards.

dj

How about a Leatherman mini multi-tool - thers's an electricians one (http://www.leatherman.com/product/Squirt_E4) that has wire strippers built into the pliers. I keep one on my key ring and it surprising how often it comes in handy. Or a keyring LED torch - I like the LED Lenser ones - or on a different scale, maybe a rechargeable LED work lamp? Again, I wouldn't want to be without mine.

HTH Pete

Thanks Pete, looks excellent. Just ordered one (leatherman) from Amazon, will be here in time for Santa!

Thanks Andy, have to be a Birthday present now as I already bought him the Leatherman!

Latest posts

Back