A One Tool Goblet Video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a go at his xmas decoration piece.Made one but back to the drawing board for me i think.
How did he stop the goblet from vibrating when the stem was so thin :?
Paul.J.

How do you mean Chas.
Do differing timbers bahave differently when on full speed on the lathe :?
I must admit,i haven't done a piece of work yet at top speed :shock:
Paul.J.

Paul.J":8b4xvsx4 said:
How do you mean Chas.
Do differing timbers bahave differently when on full speed on the lathe :?
I must admit,i haven't done a piece of work yet at top speed :shock:
Paul.J.

The timber he is using is bland uniform texture, little chance of out of balance due to grain density difference across the piece.

Note it does wobble at times, especially by the time he is working on the base. Can't make out if he is adjusting variable speed at times possibly to compensate.

Note you never see him generate heat with sanding, this will cause timber to move as well, I always finish cup completely before proceeding with stem.

Did you note he nearly had a disaster in the middle of the stem :lol:

great vids, kept me enthralled, loved the xmas decoration, going to my first woodturning meeting this week, can't wait

Yep Chas seen it now.
Much prefer the other method you put on here :D
So do you think that a piece of wood with a knot in say,or where a branch was growing,would cause the goblet to wobble,being a denser part of the wood :?: If you see what i mean :roll:
Paul.J.

Paul.J":38czkn7c said:
method you put on here :D
So do you think that a piece of wood with a knot in say,or where a branch was growing,would cause the goblet to wobble,being a denser part of the wood :?: Paul.J.

Yes certainly.

Back